No announcement yet.

Ufc dana white made huge mistake offering 25 million for boxing match

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    I'd say **** Dana White but at the same time he has made the UFC what it is today and they have a great model unlike boxing...
    UFC business model is dependent on the Conor's of the world. Because of the high profit margins of big shows they can afford to put on smaller shows all over the country keeping fans engaged. Without those great profits, shows become fewer, fighters demand more because they're fighting less, talent decreases due to less access.

UFC also fights fighters at a ridiculous rate. Cowboy fought last month and this month. Buddy who beat arlovski fought last month. They're machines for him, Conor will make businessmen out of them, could see splinter organizations

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
      UFC business model is dependent on the Conor's of the world. Because of the high profit margins of big shows they can afford to put on smaller shows all over the country keeping fans engaged. Without those great profits, shows become fewer, fighters demand more because they're fighting less, talent decreases due to less access.

UFC also fights fighters at a ridiculous rate. Cowboy fought last month and this month. Buddy who beat arlovski fought last month. They're machines for him, Conor will make businessmen out of them, could see splinter organizations
      Im not sure Im following you too well but the UFC was fine before McGregor and was growing before McGregor. Only difference now is that they are actually BOOMING with McGregor. Sure he is great for the business but I don't think they really depend on someone like him. Another PPV attraction will come by. There's interest around the world for MMA.

Why did you mention fighters in the UFC fighting more? I don't think that's a negative. You got guys in boxing fighting a tune up who gets taken out in 2 rounds then they don't fight for another 6 months? How much of that has to do with the ridiculous amount of money they're getting paid? Their attitude is probably like "Im paid for now, I don't need to fight again." It also affects the networks because they pay so much for a tune up that they can't afford to have the same fighter or someone else fight. So, I agree that the UFC should keep their fighters hungry. It drives them to fight and perform. Maybe not keep them hungry to the extend that Dana does though...

Comment

I heard some UFC guys get paid as low as 2k on TV. Anderson Silva was their biggest star, made +10 title defences and he didn't make more than 8 m as a superstar for years. You see now Conor their biggest star and really doesn' get paid half as much people think. UFC is like a fast food, feeds the employees with minimum wage

Comment

Working...
        X