No announcement yet.

"Mayweather is not an International Superstar" Dana White

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mayweather is not an International Superstar" Dana White

I am not a huge Floyd fan but this is just flat out false. His popularity in Mexico, Philippines and England is huge.

Boxing popularity is on a global scale and Floyd is known way more than any mma fighter is. I understand he has his agenda and this quote is not taken out of context but is literally just completely false.

Originally posted by KOVALEVKO View Post
    I am not a huge Floyd fan but this is just flat out false. His popularity in Mexico, Philippines and England is huge.

Boxing popularity is on a global scale and Floyd is known way more than any mma fighter is. I understand he has his agenda and this quote is not taken out of context but is literally just completely false.
    No it isnt.

Comment

I highly doubt he has that many fans in Mexico or the Phillipines either.
      In the US he has groupies and wanna be groupies.

Comment

The Ricky Hatton-Floyd Mayweather WBC welterweight showdown 11 days ago in Las Vegas will break all Sky Box Office pay-per-view records in the UK, with estimates as high as 1.2 million buys.

Biggest PPV event in UK history...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...ng-record.html

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          No it isnt.
          I'd somewhat agree he isn't a superstar here in the UK. He is more universally disliked than liked and that applies here too.

That said, if he fought here, i think it would sell out as quick as a flash and that's what probably matters.

Comment

Originally posted by KOVALEVKO View Post
            The Ricky Hatton-Floyd Mayweather WBC welterweight showdown 11 days ago in Las Vegas will break all Sky Box Office pay-per-view records in the UK, with estimates as high as 1.2 million buys.

Biggest PPV event in UK history...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...ng-record.html
            Ricky Hatton had a fan friendly style and had some of the best fans who would sing during his fights. I rarely missed a Ricky Hatton fight and I am from San Diego.
            That and the celebs who show up to big fights. All I am saying is if it really had gotten broken down, we'd find out Mayweather doesn't have that many fans at all.

Comment

I don't know about the other countries but he isn't famous in Mexico.

Comment

all i know is Dana White and all of his UFC puppets keep Floyds name in their mouth

Comment

Sure, maybe. But, what does it matter when you can do 4.6million without any star power on your undercard? DW has to stack the fk out of a PPV just to break 1mill. Floyd was doing that fighting guys like Ortiz, again with no real undercard support. I'm not discrediting his org. I watch every event. But, he's spouting more promoter-type bullshyt when he's criticizing Floyd's drawing power in any way. None of the guys he;s ever employed have been on that level.

Comment

Dana white lies every time he open his mouth and say a lot of stuff that not factual. Floyds is a huge international star you may not like his style of fighting but it true. Dana/UFC/Rosey/Mcgregor being using Floyd name to boost their brand since 2009.

Comment

Working...
                    X