Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomachenko vs. Salido is just like Gatti vs. Mayweather, except...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't blame Lomachenko's position on the purses..He lost to a cheating unskilled club-fighter in his second fight who came in as a WW and still almost knocked him out in last round..Clearly it isn't about money but revenge/legacy but they ARE the ones asking for a rematch so they should just pay up and get it done.. Even though no way in hell I would consider Salido the "A" side between the two, Loma should just pay and beat him if fighting him is important...On the other hand Salido did win already and no matter who the fighter is or what the weight class is, ANY fighter facing a for sure obliteration wants a big check for doing so.....

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
      I think Loma should overpay just to get the blemish off of his record. The question is how much should be overpay? I don't really know what the reports are, but if Salido is asking for more than Loma then that's just being unreasonable especially since he's 0-1-2 in his last 3 and hasn't won a fight since 2014 against Kokietgym. When you've got two draws and a loss in your last three fights then you don't really have a lot of bargaining power.

Also keep in mind why Mayweather fought Gatti. He fought him because it was a popular name and he used that fight to springboard into the mainstream. Salido doesn't offer those same kind of benefits to Loma.
      Overpay? Look at Loma's attendance and ratings and look at Salido's. Tell me who is being overpaid. Salido wasn't even asking for more money than Lomachenko. He just wanted more money than Martinez which considering the ratings and attendance for that fight it's more than fair.

And his other options are Corrales, Sosa, and Pedraza. That's going to get him into the mainstream?

Comment

Has there been any more news on the possible Salido/Miura fight? I'm tired of all this back and forth and just want to see some more fights between the top guys at 130. Most fun division in boxing, right next to cruiser

Comment

Salido beat Loma, hes the A side over him. If loma really wants the fight he will accept whatever demands they have like the b side and go try and beat him. The fact that he isnt willing to be the b side might prove he doesnt really want the fight.

Comment

Working...
          X