• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Ever been fired in your life?

If so from where and why?

No I just go to work to do my job and leave everyone alone

Comment

Yeah twice, both when I was young. First time from a beer store which is exactly what it sounds like, and then I got canned from a bill collector job. I don't think I collected one debt, didn't even last a month.

Comment

Never been fired. My last two jobs, my bosses told me if I ever want to
        come back, the doors are opened, just give them a call. But they're just stepping stones. I'm leaving my current job and was told the exact same thing, if I want to come back just give them a call. I'm a pretty cool/good guy even though I don't show it here, so it's hard to fire me

With that said, i've yet to have a career job, but it is still satisfying that employers would employee me again if they had the chance. Gotta keep moving though, I want a salary job, i'm eager. I'm workimg on it.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          Yeah twice, both when I was young. First time from a beer store which is exactly what it sounds like, and then I got canned from a bill collector job. I don't think I collected one debt, didn't even last a month.
          If you don't mind, What do you do now?

Comment

I got thrown out of the Girls showers in High School ( Secondary School, Slim Scotsman ) after a teacher found me there.

Does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post

DO NOT Fuck with El-blanco.

Comment

Yep, was fired from my first salaried job as a software dev consultant. To put it brief, the consulting aspect was not really my thing and I was going through significant turmoil in my personal life. I went out like a champ though which allowed me to get a reasonably good reference from my manager. I basically prepared my interview mumbo jumbo around the strengths and weaknesses I anticipated from his reference and several weeks plus a couple dozen interviews later I found my current job as a software developer. It was a rough patch for me but it could have been a lot worse. The stress of work now pales in comparison to that entire experience and I am more grateful about where I am for it.

Comment

I was a counselor at the Boys and Girls Club in high school, got fired for touching da little boys.

Just kidding, got canned because I couldn't work weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    If you don't mind, What do you do now?
                    I work for a group of builders who develop residential neighbourhoods. The bank only funds 50% of these projects so they need another 50%. The builder comes up with 20-25% themselves and they need to raise the rest, that's what I do. Find people interested, and at 18% a year return plenty are interested. I completely lucked into the gig thanks to a wealthy family friend. not sure what the hell I'd be doing otherwise lol
                    Originally posted by MrTambourineMan View Post

DO NOT Fuck with El-blanco.
                    Haha you missed the part where I said I failed to collect one single debt lol
                    Last edited by El-blanco; 08-09-2015, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X