Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lara/Smith being worked on for April 26th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lara/Smith being worked on for April 26th?

http://www.figh thype.com/news/article16233.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I say go ahead.... Nice to see Lara get a fight 4 months after his last fight. With that said, I don't think very highly of Smith at all, I do like the fact that he's a contender season 1 alum. Hope he doesn't cry afterwards

Horrible date though.... you have Hopkins/Shumenov the week before.
    Turn that into a triple header with Quillin

**** no, this is going to be a snoozer. Lara's team really aren't doing him any favours.

Comment

Lol Golden Boy deliberately putting him in the most possible boring fight imaginable so that way the real opponents can keep saying Lara isn't a draw

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        **** no, this is going to be a snoozer. Lara's team really aren't doing him any favours.
        Nobody really good available right now..... I say do it to stay active and add his name to your resume. Also, he'll probably get better money doing this than somebody else.

Comment

And we complained about Lara-Trout. This one is going to be incredibly one-sided and boring. Two straight boxers in a row after the war with Angulo. Hmmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            Lol Golden Boy deliberately putting him in the most possible boring fight imaginable so that way the real opponents can keep saying Lara isn't a draw
            Schaeffer trying to validate his statement where he said Lara is hard to promote. I know... let's put him the same week as HBO against somebody who doesn't bring as much excitement. I'd watch it, but it doesn't do Lara any favors in expanding his fanbase

Comment

IMO...fight Fernando Guerrero....that'll be a fun KO

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post

ishe smith and then a rematch with molina

Comment

Decent fight from a meaning perspective, Smith is probably still a top 10 154 pounder (at the bottom). From an action point of view that fight is very suspect so while a win over Smith does help Lara's standing at 154 a bit does that outweigh the damage a fight like that will cause him with gaining traction with fans.

Lara would need to pack his bad intentions if he wants this fight to really pan out the way he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    Schaeffer trying to validate his statement where he said Lara is hard to promote. I know... let's put him the same week as HBO against somebody who doesn't bring as much excitement. I'd watch it, but it doesn't do Lara any favors in expanding his fanbase
                    It's pretty obvious what Schaefer is doing to lol.

If no one is available put him in the ring with a lower level guy and get a nice highlight reel KO. That's how Duva promotes Curtis Stevens lol it works.

Comment

Working...
                    X