Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jorge Linares should hire trainer Nacho Beristain.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toney Loc View Post
    Trainer won't change nothing. Linares is what he is.
    They said that about Khan and Johnny Gonzalez.

I'm sure they said the same about Floyd Patterson.

A bad chin is hard to work with. but with Linares's type of talent its not a career killer.

A trainer can make the difference. That's like saying Tyson would have been the same guy minus Cus.

Or Pac without Roach.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      yup. chinny

chinny and not a natural fighter.

great boxer skills
      He's a fighter, the DeMarco fight proved it. Last night was a bum stoppage by a hometown ref/doctor combo. Linares could have kept fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
        I'm still shocked. I can't beileve Linares. I've nver seen a guy with such skills that just can't seem to amount to anything good/great. I'm not going to stop being a fan of course, but I'm just stunned right now.
        Hey bro, you might wanna start getting Linares' name out of your sig. We're looking at the next Juanma but with better boxing skills. I was very disappointed as well but the longer you hold on to it the harder it is to let go... just let it go...

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          They said that about Khan and Johnny Gonzalez.

I'm sure they said the same about Floyd Patterson.

A bad chin is hard to work with. but with Linares's type of talent its not a career killer.

A trainer can make the difference. That's like saying Tyson would have been the same guy minus Cus.

Or Pac without Roach.
          Khan and Gonzales both moved up in weight which helped them both, especially Jhonny who was always way too big for anything under fw.

Khan is still the same fighter for the most part just sturdier now that he's got more meat on him. Pac is still the same fighter too and you can see that anytime he fights someone who can box like JMM.

As for Tyson, who did he beat past 1990?

He gets a lot of credit for a brief run against unimpressive opposition.

Comment

He's a fighter, the DeMarco fight proved it. Last night was a bum stoppage by a hometown ref/doctor combo. Linares could have kept fighting.
            It was karma catching on to GBP and real fkin good. Karma for doing what they did at the Kirkland fight. It wasn't a bad stoppage, Linares was gonna get stopped by a KO or eventually stopped by the same doctor with the same red card cause that cut was getting worse. Hence him not complaining at all when it was stopped. Matter of fact neither Roach or Linares did. I guess neither one of them wanted to be in that fight. Did you not see that he received 10-12 stitches outside and inside the cut?

Comment

lots of balls

his instincts are off
              he looks away when he gets hit on the face
              he doesn't react well to big punches physically. they effect him. he's just not resilient

in terms of the gut's in deep water he's there. agreed. demarco fight showed that.

but check out his body language in the first round stoppages, particularly the salgado fight, and i think you'll get a better idea of what i'm trying to say

and the stoppage in his most recent fight wasnt protested at all by linares.
              Last edited by New England; 04-01-2012, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Its either that or the Arum way where its bum central every fight. I'd rather find out about these guys early on like Ortiz/Maidana and Linares vs anyone who could punch than have them fight total slop all the time until the big "matchup".
                My point is that he did fight a cab driver, they just chose one who could punch.

If I'm GBP, I match Linares with a better quality fighter just not a big puncher. It's just intelligent match making.

You do that, Linares wins this fight and has his chance against DeMarco again. If he can pull that out all of a sudden he's a titleist at 135 and his stock is very high and you get him and yourself paid.

We know what Linares is already, we knew before this fight. The point is to get out of him what you can and poor matchmaking is not how you do that.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  lots of balls

his instincts are off
                  he looks away when he gets hit on the face
                  he doesn't react well to big punches physically

in terms of the gut's he's there. agreed. demarco fight showed that.

but check out his body language in the first round stoppages, particularly the salgado fight, and i think you'll get a better idea of what i'm trying to say
                  The Salgado fight was just him getting iced cold. There was nothing he could do once he got caught like that.

Comment

Originally posted by incarodillagym

Why are you still talking about a fight that happened last year? Are you pinoy *******s not satisfied with a gift decision? Maybe ***quiao should learn actual boxing skills instead of flailing his arms like a ******ed infant and not blame Marquez or his trainer for fighting the way he has always fought and worked for for him?
                    wow why are u turn racism comment? it was not a gift desicion wen u purposle play it safe and only throw punch after the champ throw punch u call that a winner ??

Comment

Originally posted by Nukes View Post
                      so u think a guy who was not agreessor who just only hit wen pacman hit is worthy of champion? he played it to safe the last 3 rounds because his incomptent trainor told him to do so
                      If he won more rounds than lost then he deserved to win. Don't matter how he played it. He deserved to win. Incompetent judges.

Comment

Working...
                      X