Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you have to be married to buy a house together with your spouse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blooper View Post
    lol the cds i can hide anywhere and pretend i lost it or you never gave it to me.

the house...

but i know what you mean.

It was like 300 CDs. I think the dumb ***** thought I was just gonna forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
      It was like 300 CDs. I think the dumb ***** thought I was just gonna forget about it.
      speaking of that...

i had a buddy who just got divorced recently and his ex-wife was asking for $50k as her share for all my buddy's cds, 8 track, album collection, electronic equipment, etc...

the thing is my buddy bought a lot of these from yard sales or clearances over a long period of time so he never really paid for them at retail value and the ***** was asking to be compensated as such.

you know what my buddy did?

he told his ex, ok here's what i'll do...

i'll give you all my stuff and you give me the $50k, deal?

he never heard the ***** talk about that stuff again.
      Last edited by Blooper; 06-06-2010, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Buying a House in the US is a waste of money unless you're getting 6 digits a year. When you finally "own" the house, if you miss one property tax payment, the house is back in Uncle Sam's hands which gives it to the bank to sell it off again.

IMO if you want to actually buy something... a condo would be a mucvh better investment.

Comment

what's the difference between a condo or a house?

Comment

I think common law is 5 years and then you are viewed as a couple by the government..

I believe this to be true but not 100%.

I do think there is a common law for it though?

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
              why do you say that? If we split up we sell the house or if one wants to keep it the other leaves. It's that easy.
              lol, it's never easy, young lizard, when she catches you banging her best friend or the other way around, or just meets someone else, it won't be so easy to decide who keeps the house and who leaves. what if she wants to live there with her new boyfriend, you'll be living in your car in some greasy back alley listened to crackwhores give their cusmtomers *******s

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              I think common law is 5 years and then you are viewed as a couple by the government..

I believe this to be true but not 100%.

I do think there is a common law for it though?
              every state has different laws though, but i thought it was after 2+ years living together

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                what's the difference between a condo or a house?
                A condo is like an apartment but you own it, the inside anyways. The outside, building, land etc, is owned and maintained by the community and you pay a fee for the property maintainence as does everyone in the community. With a house you own the property and have responsibility to maintain it on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                  Buying a House in the US is a waste of money unless you're getting 6 digits a year. When you finally "own" the house, if you miss one property tax payment, the house is back in Uncle Sam's hands which gives it to the bank to sell it off again.

IMO if you want to actually buy something... a condo would be a mucvh better investment.
                  Worst advice ever.

Also, to answer the TS question. Yes. The reason? You have to be married to have a spouse...

Comment

Working...
                  X