No announcement yet.

This sums up Andre Ward perfectly, he'll never be respected, EVER

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    The guy won the super 6 at 168 & now holds 3 175lbs belts. Only haters will not respect him. I don't like him but he has had a HOF career without a doubt.
    I wouldn't brag in how the 175 pound title was given to him

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
      Yeah all of Kova's previous fights were close too! Don't feel sad bruh
      Well, I'll hit you with the facts again. How about these apples. The Boxing Writers Association of America didn't even have Ward (our last male US Olympic gold medalist) on their official ballot for FOTY to win the Sugar Ray Robinson Award. The Ring didn't have him as a nominee of theirs either.

Boxing Writers Association of America sets annual awards ballot

2016 RING AWARDS: FINALISTS FOR FIGHTER OF THE YEAR

Both American media outlets and the two most important publications for annual awards. Ward was nowhere to be found on their ballots. Hmmm. I wonder why? (pssst, they knew it was a BS gift decision).

Carl Frampton, a Northern Irishman, ended up winning Fighter of the Year by both publications. The rest of the major publications gave FOTY to Lomachenko (WBN, CBS Sports, ESPN Deportes, etc.) & a couple to Crawford. None of them went to Ward.
      Last edited by Pugilisticuffs; 02-25-2017, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Much of the boxing public stills hates Floyd far more exponentially than Ward. If Kovalev were to lose shockingly in upcoming fights, it only elevates Ward's game and benefit of the doubt. For Kova, that strategy was as good as it gets. Bhop got dropped, Kova tried. Went 12. How do we compare Ward's performance to Bhop or Chilemba? Day and Night. And lanky krusher had no answers.

Red White and Blue. All day all night baby.
        I don't think so. I think in his abscence a lot of the haters are starting to appreciate what Mayweather brought to boxing. Ward is actually compared unfavourably now to Mayweather by boxing fans in terms of style and in the way he showed heart when he fought Castillo in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          The guy won the super 6 at 168 & now holds 3 175lbs belts. Only haters will not respect him. I don't like him but he has had a HOF career without a doubt.
          This is the best post I've ever read on NSB.

green sent, sig added.

I was coming here to simply write I respect him. I do not respect an obese opinionated scribe whom has no self respect and discipline, that guy is simply a slob.

Comment

Much of the boxing public stills hates Floyd far more exponentially than Ward. If Kovalev were to lose shockingly in upcoming fights, it only elevates Ward's game and benefit of the doubt. For Kova, that strategy was as good as it gets. Bhop got dropped, Kova tried. Went 12. How do we compare Ward's performance to Bhop or Chilemba? Day and Night. And lanky krusher had no answers.

Red White and Blue. All day all night baby.
            lol he had no answers... except most think he won... there's an answer

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
              lol he had no answers... except most think he won... there's an answer
              Most wanted him to win, hence the reason they were desperate for him too. Nothing more to be seen. I can't tell if they're genuine Kovalev fan boys or Ward haters, one thing I believe is though is that the core of the media and biased HBO commentary team were rooting for Kovalev and didn't like that Ward proved them all wrong.

Comment

This is a struggle thread. Ward is not respected bc of.... being undefeated and world champion? That's the point you wanted to make? You're upset he isn't signing with kovalev yet? Is that it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilisticuffs View Post
                  Well, I'll hit you with the facts again. How about these apples. The Boxing Writers Association of America didn't even have Ward (our last male US Olympic gold medalist) on their official ballot for FOTY to win the Sugar Ray Robinson Award. The Ring didn't have him as a nominee of theirs either.

Boxing Writers Association of America sets annual awards ballot

2016 RING AWARDS: FINALISTS FOR FIGHTER OF THE YEAR

Both American media outlets and the two most important publications for annual awards. Ward was nowhere to be found on their ballots. Hmmm. I wonder why? (pssst, they knew it was a BS gift decision).

Carl Frampton, a Northern Irishman, ended up winning Fighter of the Year by both publications. The rest of the major publications gave FOTY to Lomachenko (WBN, CBS Sports, ESPN Deportes, etc.) & a couple to Crawford. None of them went to Ward.
                  What does any of that have to do with Ward still taming the Krusher? there was enough propaganda on the planet for Pac beating Floyd two-fold. Ward vs Kova ''controversy'' has nothing on 2015.

give it a rest kid.

Comment

Originally posted by TSS View Post
                    How many fighters do you know that have won a golden medal and held a lineal belt?

Ali
                    Joe Frazier
                    George Foreman
                    Sugar Ray Leonard
                    Pernell Whitaker
                    Andre Ward
                    None of the guys you mentioned won their title from a robbery, except ward

Comment

What does any of that have to do with Ward still taming the Krusher? there was enough propaganda on the planet for Pac beating Floyd two-fold. Ward vs Kova ''controversy'' has nothing on 2015.

give it a rest kid.
                      Yes, troll. I even know more about the guy you're named after than you do. Guaranteed. LOL @ Ward "taming" Kov. You don't know what the definition of propaganda is, either. When it came time to select the 2016 "Fighter of the Year" every single major publication denied Ward in his own country and across the globe. He lost both the popular and the electoral vote, aka the fan & media vote.

Find a new hobby Tinker Bell. I knew you were stupid when you came into my thread and tried to crash it by bashing Loma (who is more accomplished than Rigo as an am and pro) and proclaiming Rigo to have 500 fights, which he doesn't, he actually had less amateur fights than Loma. You've been listening to Freddie Roach too much. That's who you got that figure from. Sad, Beavis. I can read you like a poorly written book and appropriately punish you for your predictability.
                      Last edited by Pugilisticuffs; 02-25-2017, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X