Comments Thread For: Muhammad Ali - Boxing's Greatest is Gone, 1942-2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP to the GOAT in boxing.

Comment

• Seeing him all day on tv, great fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by aAgger View Post
        Saw some of the speeches at his funeral. That Rabbi's speech was some powerful stuff. It's like the kind of speech a young Ali himself would've made.
        That was awesome but the bit that got me was Billy Crystal and The Dr Reverend when he said that "There were a lot of people who wanted Ali when he was in the winners circle but very few who wanted him when he was crawling in the mud" an obvious dig at the Nation of Islam

Comment

• Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post
          That was awesome but the bit that got me was Billy Crystal and The Dr Reverend when he said that "There were a lot of people who wanted Ali when he was in the winners circle but very few who wanted him when he was crawling in the mud" an obvious dig at the Nation of Islam
          I doubt it was a dig at Nation of Islam, which supported Ali during his exile years. I think it was more of a dig at American society, which hated Ali in the '60s but then started loving him in the '70s.

Comment

• Originally posted by aAgger View Post
            I doubt it was a dig at Nation of Islam, which supported Ali during his exile years. I think it was more of a dig at American society, which hated Ali in the '60s but then started loving him in the '70s.
            That is a fair point

Comment

Working...
            X