Roy Jones must have a lot of bruising on his brain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones must have a lot of bruising on his brain

When he gets hit his body just shuts off,i think he has a serious condition
    Last edited by Larry the boss; 12-13-2015, 05:14 PM.

A crap chin is saving him. Imagine the damage he'd take if he was able to take punches.

Comment

Why does he never just get stopped?

He always has to getting dropped like a massive sack of **** with his head bouncing off the canvas a few times.

He should have ended on that Jeff Lacy fight.

Comment

Thats what the body does when extreme trauma is introduced!
        The brain is conditioned to protect itself and that means shut down!
        It tries to keep the blood flow normal instead of "rushing" to increase flow when trauma arrives. Induced coma's help the brain to relax and not "pump up"!

He does have a serious condition and he's been in the danger zone for years now! Some fighters have no way out of the ring, its the squared circle.
        Ray

Comment

Its karma for being a cheater, he most likely been cheating his entire career.

Comment

i think the only reason he speaks and thinks clearly after all those fights is that he has that paper chin. He takes a huge blow and gets KTFO and the fight ends.
            İf he had Oliver McCalls chin he would be talking punch after punch and would talk like Terry Norris now.

Comment

I think the bruising is probably affecting his decision making.

The man should have retired already, but his brain malfunctions and he holds on to the good ol' days.

At this point it's just sad watching him get KO'd over and over. When will it ever end?

Comment

Ever since the Tarver KO. When he fought Glenn Johnson months later, he went out like a light and continues ever since.

Comment

Not to many years back I remember hearing about how he was already going in for some kind of treatment for his brain. I think he has similar problems to what Rahman has where they have trouble just keeping there balance.

Which is why when they take a shot, they hit the ground like a ton of bricks.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post

At this point it's just sad watching him get KO'd over and over. When will it ever end?
                    Read this when you have time - http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/roy...-long-goodbye/

Quite possible he won't stop until they finally stop giving him a license

“Cruiserweight title. Nobody in history has won all the titles I’ve won and the cruiserweight title. I’d be the only man in history. That’s when you die and go to heaven, and God can look at you and know you did everything with the gifts he gave you. If I died today, could I really say that? If I stopped fighting, could I live the rest of my life knowing I didn’t do everything I was put here to do?”

“I think a lot of people would say you’ve done more than enough to justify a place in history.”

“After I win that cruiserweight title, it’ll be enough.”

“You sure?” I laugh uncomfortably.

“Unless they threw crazy money at me for one more. Yeah, I figure it’d be enough. Maybe after I win the cruiserweight title, just one little fight in my own backyard.”
                    So he calmed down enough to inquire about the last story I’d worked on before flying out to Pensacola. I told him it was about Spain’s relationship to bullfighting.

His eyes lit up: “I’d love bullfighting. Always wanted to see one. That’s something I gotta see. Who’s the Ali of bullfighting?”

“A matador named Juan Belmonte.”

“He get gored pretty bad?”

“His critics said that the only thing he didn’t do inside a bullring was die in one. He did everything else.”

“How’d he end up?” Jones Jr. asked eagerly.

“He came out of retirement a few times. He lived hard, but he got old. Developed a heart condition and lung cancer. His doctors told him if he wanted to prolong the inevitable, he couldn’t smoke, drink, f--k or ride horses anymore.”

“What he do?”

“He had his horse brought over to his house, some cigars, couple bottles of his favorite wine and two of the best-looking prostitutes from a Seville brothel sent to meet him at a cottage he rode over to. The next morning, he blew his head off.”

Jones Jr. laughed.

“I wouldn’t blown my damn head off,” he smiled mischievously. “Why blow your head off? I’d have had that day over and over again until I finally died. My old barber, they told him if he kept drinking, he was gonna die. He said, ‘OK. But I’m not gonna stop drinking.’ So he kept drinking until he died. But you know what he told me? He said, ‘I gotta die of something.’”

Comment

Working...
                    X