Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the buzz for boxing on CBS in the US?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by croz View Post
    Some people are saying the fight was trending world wide and briefly up top on twitter but I haven't seen anything. Anyone else have an idea?
    yeah i saw snata cruz was trending on twitter usa for a min but mainly bc the media was talking not ppl

Comment

Amongst the general public, not very much. This site is hardcore boxing fans so not representative amongst casual fans or the general public.

In the US not much is on TV during saturday night as that is usually when people go out. Not everyone goes to bars and clubs but even just restaurants and movies. Thats why NFL is on sunday and monday. Now of course boxing doesnt want to compete with the NFL either. But probably not too many people caught boxing just channel surfing either.

Stupid Dana white likes to put on UFC fights during boxing events so boxing should reverse that and put on network boxing during UFC fights that are on network TV. Because then you might get some guys catching the boxing while channel surfing during commercials. Beat him at his own game. It will have to be boxers who like to trade like angulo or something to get the UFC crowd into it though.

Otherwise I think the only people who will know its even on TV will be the hardcore fans who keep up with boxing on the internet.

Maybe they should try to get some boxing on during the week days but it might be hard with all of the prime time TV shows filling the slots.

Comment

This was a good thing for boxing. Saturday is a big sports day so more than likely a lot of people tuned in. Santa Cruz has an exciting style with his high work rate, so id say it was a win for boxing and hopefully more cards will be aired in the coming months.

Comment

Working...
        X