Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dude, Jones-Brook has got to be a candidate for FOTY!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great fight, no doubt.

You need to calm down though. Ortiz and Berto would both knock Jones out, and on yesterdays performance beat Brook.

''the Jones from last night beats most welterweight conterders today''

Talk about an overreaction. If Brook didn't gas out midway through the fight he would and should have stopped him in the last few rounds.

Berto, Ortiz and Devon would all make easy work out of last nights Jones, just like Brook would have if he didn't gas out.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      Agree with TS on all his points. But I thought Afolabi-Huck II was a bit better.
      Thanks brother. It seems like being a contender for it means that I said it's written in stone.

Comment

Lmao Berto is irrelevant tbf and Ortiz is out for some time though both fighters would make him quit.

I can't people are still hooked on the chinny quitter with zero defense. Ortiz fans never learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
          Great fight, no doubt.

You need to calm down though. Ortiz and Berto would both knock Jones out, and on yesterdays performance beat Brook.

''the Jones from last night beats most welterweight conterders today''

Talk about an overreaction. If Brook didn't gas out midway through the fight he would and should have stopped him in the last few rounds.

Berto, Ortiz and Devon would all make easy work out of last nights Jones, just like Brook would have if he didn't gas out.
          Ortiz couldn't stop a 140lber. Berto well, he's enjoying a long layoff due to injury & cheating. Jones looked absolutely phenomenal yesterday to me. Fighting like that, he'd beat them both IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Ortiz couldn't stop a 140lber. Berto well, he's enjoying a long layoff due to injury & cheating. Jones looked absolutely phenomenal yesterday to me. Fighting like that, he'd beat them both IMO.
            The only reason he fought like that though was because Brook had gassed out. A Berto or a Ortiz wether he's a quitter or not, would not have, and would have most likely stopped Jones, simple as that.

Brook totally dominated him till he gassed out.

Take nothing away from Jones, he fought like a warrior last night but the simple truth is if Brook didn't gas out he would have at least won a lopsided UD and more than likely stopped him.

Comment

I'll start by saying that Jones from yesterday beats, Berto, Ortiz, M Jones & even Amir Khan IMO. Especially Khan who folds like a burrito under pressure. He fought hard & took those late rounds with toughness & grit. His stamina & body punching were fabulous.

Now for Brook, he showed toughness & heart. He fought back through a broken nose & still threw combinations in every late fight rally that he could muster. He moved away skillfully under pressure & he made the final bell on heart alone.

I don't see how anyone could think that Khan beats Brook. Furthermore that Jones from last night probably runs Khan out of the ring. That fight was amazing. I advise anyone who hasn't seen it to get it somehow, great, great fight. Answers a lot of questions about both fighters. I want to see Khan fight Jones when he comes to welterweight.
              I'll have to download it today, sounds like a great fight. I can't remember ever seeing Jones fight before, I'm sure I have but he didn't leave an impression on me.

Comment

NO THIS FIGHT SHOULD NEVER BE FOTY CANDIDATE... Why?

Kell Brook dominated first 6 rounds.. and jones dominated the last 6 ...
                there was hardly any mix of competitiveness in any round....
                you seriously need to look at FOTY candidates of the past....

Comment

Originally posted by afiln View Post
                  NO THIS FIGHT SHOULD NEVER BE FOTY CANDIDATE... Why?

Kell Brook dominated first 6 rounds.. and jones dominated the last 6 ...
                  there was hardly any mix of competitiveness in any round....
                  you seriously need to look at FOTY candidates of the past....
                  i hear wot ur saying FOTY usually has alot more ebbs and flows still it was a pretty good fight because of the fact it looked as though it would be easy for brook

Comment

No, it's my opinion. If you don't agree, then don't agree. What is in fact an overreaction is you coming into my tread & claiming I said something that I didn't. That, or we can settle for it being a big, fat lie.
                    How old are you? He didn't lie about anything and he is right yet your about to start crying.

A big fat lie

Yes it is an over reaction. Jones put on a good performance yet he has still been stopped by Alfonso Gomez and beaten by Freddy Hernandez and Soto Karass, yet he 'runs Khan out of the ring'. If anything it just shows how Brook just isn't ready for Khan yet.
                    Last edited by Danny Gunz; 07-08-2012, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Ehhhh, not FOTY quality IMO.
                      It's one half where one guy dominated and the other half the other guy dominated with both men giving little resistance when they were dominated

Comment

Working...
                      X