Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latinos at the Barbershop: Whats your style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latinos at the Barbershop: Whats your style?

Que lo que mi gente every ethnicity is big on hairstyle and latinos are no different. Its seems to me though that different types of latinos rock different styles such as central/south americans/mexicans (aka north americans) compared to carribian latinos such as p ricans dominicans and cubans. So when you hit the barbershop whats your style? Also if u dont mind sharing state what latino country your representing, ill start things off:

Im dominican and nicaraguan but kno very little of nicaragua and the central american style in general as i was raised by my mother who is dominican. The funny thing tho is that while most dominicans tend to have hair on the nappy side my family has straight hair and white skin but not completely white you can see the tan. My nicaraguan side is where i get my brown color from and its my pops curly hair that mixed wit my moms sides straight hair to give me hair thats def not nappy but not mestizo looking like my moms side. My complexion is similar to the miguel cotto taino indian shade but the color really comes from my central american side real ironic.

Anyways when i hit the barber i get a fade: 3 up top 2 on the sides and get my beard lined up at medium thickness not super thin or thick. Since its freezing in jersey now tho i get like a 5 or 6 up top 3 or 4 on the sides and go for the thin mustash(sorry totally forgot how to spell that) wider trimmed beard.

What u rockin and where u reppin?

i got a #2 edged up

Comment

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
      i got a #2 edged up
      Crispy. Few things better then that fresh cut feelin walkin out the shop and a lovely lady peepin u out real quick

Comment

Just a regular fade #3 on top. Idk I feel like it might be time for a different hair style. I dont know exactly what to do though??!! BTW I'm Mexican del estado grande. (Chihuahua)
        Last edited by Bababoey970; 01-06-2012, 01:12 AM. Reason: forgot to add something

Comment

Mexican. Mid skin fade: 1 1/2 on top and 0 at the bottom. Shaped up at the fourhead

Comment

fohawk........ because dj emz told me to get it

Comment

Im kinda leaning to a fohawk of some sort as a new style. I'm tired of rocking the regular old fade.

Comment

Soy Mexicano.. I have a 0-1" fade on the sides and the top just long enough to comb my hair back.. When I was younger i use to have 0 fade on the sides with a 1-2" on the top..

Comment

Shadow blowout on the sides and back,High #2 with open guard foward.Shape up.

I got licensed 4months ago and plan on opening my own shop so its good to hear diff styles.

Comment

I feel you guys about gettin a lil tired of the fade. Dominican dudes cop brooklyn fade when we get tired of the tight fade or the caesar cut (one number all around) ill fade the sides and put gel on top for the curls but at the same time im sure none of us like doin our hair when we wake up, same problem wit the faux hawk the top be everywhere when you wake up. Dont none of ya got beards? Straight baby faces huh?

Comment

Working...
                    X