Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sparring rd today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try this: When you're laying down to sleep visualize your self fighting this cat. See yourself jab, then you catch his jab in your glove. See yourself landing and fighting strong. And so on..... It always helped me. And don't worry about seeing him crushing you, that's just your mind ****in' with you to keep you sharp. In your mind control the fight. And so it shall be......Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      Just be true with everything you do. Don't worry at all about the pros, You got a fight lined, concern yourself only with that night and that guy. ……...Rockin'
      Thanks Rockin! Been working on increasing my sprints lately, will make sure that I'm as ready as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        Try this: When you're laying down to sleep visualize your self fighting this cat. See yourself jab, then you catch his jab in your glove. See yourself landing and fighting strong. And so on..... It always helped me. And don't worry about seeing him crushing you, that's just your mind ****in' with you to keep you sharp. In your mind control the fight. And so it shall be......Rockin'
        Hell yeah! I'll start doing this before bed every night.

Comment

thanks for the video, but why so light? Or do you have hard sparrings other day? I thought you already competing.

Comment

Originally posted by NomiNee View Post
            thanks for the video, but why so light? Or do you have hard sparrings other day? I thought you already competing.
            Yeah light sparring day. Do 2 days of hard sparring a week and 1 day light. Also sort of depends on who the sparring partner is. Usually spar harder with the bigger guys, but had some really hard sparring two days prior so were taking it a bit easy.

Haven't competed yet (Oct 27th), but def getting that hard sparring in. I'll post more vids.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post

Haven't competed yet (Oct 27th), but def getting that hard sparring in. I'll post more vids.
              Ah, got you. Impressive for a beginner boxer then. I hope you will do good in your first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by NomiNee View Post
                Ah, got you. Impressive for a beginner boxer then. I hope you will do good in your first fight.
                Thanks man. Only been training about 7 months now, def picked it up pretty quick and have found a new passion in the process.

Had an exhibition match about 3-4 months into training, but travel a lot for work over the summer months and took my gf on vacation for a week. Been back on the grind ever since, got my passbook and got this first fight set up about as quick as I could.

Comment

Keep on updating us. Enjoying reading your journey, as I just started mine

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
                    ^^^^ This, keeps us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
                      I will for sure. Best of luck with starting your own journey! Stay motivated, we all fall off a bit here and there (namely from work and life getting in the way), but don't let that stop you from getting back on the horse. Train hard and you'll have that confidence knowing that you're going in there as your best version.

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                      ^^^^ This, keeps us posted.
                      I will for sure man! Def appreciate the support from you guys!

Comment

Working...
                      X