No announcement yet.

American view on DAZN:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American view on DAZN:

Live sports subscription platform DAZN announced this week a nine-figure, multi-year deal with MMA promoter Bellator to stream all 22 Bellator fights per year on DAZN, including seven exclusively on DAZN.

So alongside the above, it already has the matchroom (both uk and us) boxing fights and super series confirmed.

Does this make anyone more interested? I’m sure there will be numerous of the less American favoured sports shown too given they already have rights for their other countries on serie a/premier league in football/soccer for instance.

How’s the view point in America now, what’s the price tag or other content that might convince you to subscribe (conscious the official launch announcement is two weeks away)

I don't give 2 ****s about MMA. If this is all they open up with, it'd have to be under $10 a month for me to consider it

Comment

what is dazn

Comment

It will FLOP in the US and will struggle to grow. Reason why is because ESPN+ is not only cheaper but they're not depending on just boxing to grow that APP. ESPN have the rights to NFL and NBA Content which are the biggest Sports in America. Also will add the UFC next year so it will be a serious struggle in a very competitive market that is has many alternatives for CHEAPER. But no Boxing is NOT popular enough here in the US to make a Streaming Service successful and for the rumored price of $15-$20 compared to ESPN+ being $4.99? GOOD LUCK to DAZN!

I hope it works though, would be a great for the fighters to have another platform to fight and make money on.

Comment

Originally posted by Accolade View Post
          what is dazn
          As your a newcomer I’ll assume your being serious.

A subscription based sports app where you stream basically. They have launched already in a few other markets and officially are launching in America in coming months (I think September start). Price point and full details are still unknown but launch of matchroom DAZN deal can be found easily on YouTube

Comment

I think they’d have to get a major sport. Nba nfl or mlb on there in order for Americans to really care and get it. Some will just for boxing and bellator but not alot

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              It will FLOP in the US and will struggle to grow. Reason why is because ESPN+ is not only cheaper but they're not depending on just boxing to grow that APP. ESPN have the rights to NFL and NBA Content which are the biggest Sports in America. Also will add the UFC next year so it will be a serious struggle in a very competitive market that is has many alternatives for CHEAPER. But no Boxing is NOT popular enough here in the US to make a Streaming Service successful and for the rumored price of $15-$20 compared to ESPN+ being $4.99? GOOD LUCK to DAZN!

I hope it works though, would be a great for the fighters to have another platform to fight and make money on.
              Price could yet be the same for all we know, what is UFC?

Comment

It does make a difference to me. I'm ready to cut the cord now. We have regular free over-the-air channels, DAZN & ESPN+ for sports, Amazon Prime for kids shows, and Redbox for recent movies. There are of course also various streaming sites available online for anything else I want to watch.

Comment

... ESPN+ seems to have a similar target...

Comment

correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t espn+ just a supplementary app , so the majority of stuff goes on the main espn route?

Comment

Working...
                    X