Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forget Floyd, Isnt Berto A More Accurate Broner Comparison?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget Floyd, Isnt Berto A More Accurate Broner Comparison?

Before images of him being beatdown come to mind, I'm talking pre losses Berto. Broner reminds me more of him than Money. And he seems to be following the same career path, undersized welterweight.

Until we see Broner face a guy who can punch, I'd have to say...maybe.

Comment

I actually felt the same was thinking about this last week leading up to the broner vs paulie fight. They both even got the same abrivation.

Comment

Much closer, though Broner isn't THAT limited. He's like Berto if Berto was better at a Mayweather impersonation.

Comment

Short, great hand speed, power under 140 lbs, suspect defense that's attributed to superior talent and not respecting opponents. Same dude. Only difference is Berto isn't an assclown

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Much closer, though Broner isn't THAT limited. He's like Berto if Berto was better at a Mayweather impersonation.
            Lmao. Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Em1 View Post
              Before images of him being beatdown come to mind, I'm talking pre losses Berto. Broner reminds me more of him than Money. And he seems to be following the same career path, undersized welterweight.
              Ive said the samething before in other posts. And at least Berto cracks at 147. Broner seems to have lost a little power at that weight. If Paulie had average power at that weight he would have had broner backing up. Once Broner fights a guy his size who can punch we will see whats what. It could even be the same guy actually lol. put him against Ortiz. Berto was an over paid hype job. He should have got an L vs Collazo. Everytime he stepped up in class it was a wrap. Yess Broner is on the same path.

Comment

Berto is a true WW and is clearly bigger than Broner. However, Broner is the better boxer and doesn't look like a damn fool when using the philly shell.

Comment

It's like more and more I'm convinced people don't know boxing, it's like they're better off sticking to the politics of it as oppose to the martial art. Berto can't even fight in the pocket, can't transition from defense to offense. Berto fights in spurts too, he's an explosive combination puncher who isn't precise and telegraphs his attack. One of his many issues was that he didn't work towards finding openings, look at how Thurman dismantled Zaveck, where as Berto would blast away at his guard. Shit comparison, he ain't Mayweather and he most certainly ain't no Berto.

Comment

I think a comparison with Lee Purdy is more reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                    X