Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.K. invoke the article 50 already! FFS.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
    Racial tensions are incredibly relevant to the topic at hand. To have broached the subject without this would be to ignore the reality of the situation. Had you continued to read, you would've found that I tied in economic aspects as well. As illogical as it may seem, in this case, racial and economic issues go hand in hand.

I disagree with your interpretation of the reason for the Remain campaign's failure. If anything, a serious flaw pointed out by post-referendum media analysis is that Remain based their campaign almost entirely on fear of economic downsides. This turned the referendum into a battle between hope and fear, and hope won (as controversial as that hope may be). Whether any of Leave's promises come to fruition is a different matter altogether.

Nevertheless, I agree that the EU certainly has clear incentives to economically punish the UK. If the UK were to fare better out of the EU, it would be increasingly difficult to keep other countries within the union. With that being acknowledged, though, I wouldn't underestimate the UK's capacity to survive on its own, either. Unless the nations within the UK separate (which is a real possibility), their collective power will be significant in negotiations. At the end of it all, there is no business sense in ignoring the UK's input to the world economy. I'd say everything is up in the air at the moment.

I guarantee you if they ever do another referendum in the next month per say. The remain would win without doing any campaigning....

Comment

Two words: existing. thread.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        Two words: existing. thread.
        one word SHAHDAFAKUPWOMAN...

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
          one word SHAHDAFAKUPWOMAN...

Comment

Working...
          X