No announcement yet.

Rate/Hate/Debate. My Workout.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate/Hate/Debate. My Workout.

Here's my main daily boxing exercise routine. I've been doing this for about a month now and have been starting to increase it in different area's as I advance.

Just really looking for some opinions on what I could add extra and what else might work. Or there's something in there you don't like and need to point out before I go down the wrong path? Or maybe you want to thank me for posting it and try it out for yourselves Anyway, comments are welcome, just want some constructive criticism or compliments.

Note: I also do swimming workouts and weight-based workouts at different stages through the week, this is just my main workout so if there's something missing, its probably because I do it at another stage of the week.

-----
    3 x 2minutes Max Bag Work (Focus On Maintaining Posture And Control In Left Jab)(30second Intervals Between Rounds)

2 Minutes Break--

40 Pushups.
    40 Dips.
    60 Second 4kg Burn Hold.
    30 Pushups.
    30 Dips.
    40 Second 4kg Burn Hold.
    20 Pushups.
    20 Dips.
    20 Second 4kg Burn Hold.
    10 Pushups.
    10 Dips.
    (15 second Intervals)

2 Minutes Break--

30s Slow Situps.
    30s crunches.
    30s Normal Situps.
    30s Arm-Shooter Situps.
    30s Opposite Arm/Leg Situps.
    30s V-Sits.
    30s Left Obliques.
    30s Right Obliques.
    30s Leg Extensions.
    30s Fast Situps.
    30s Double-Twist Situps.
    30s Extended Burn Hold.
    (No Intervals)
    -----

Thanks.

Originally posted by JF91 View Post
    Here's my main daily boxing exercise routine. I've been doing this for about a month now and have been starting to increase it in different area's as I advance.

Just really looking for some opinions on what I could add extra and what else might work. Or there's something in there you don't like and need to point out before I go down the wrong path? Or maybe you want to thank me for posting it and try it out for yourselves Anyway, comments are welcome, just want some constructive criticism or compliments.

Note: I also do swimming workouts and weight-based workouts at different stages through the week, this is just my main workout so if there's something missing, its probably because I do it at another stage of the week.

-----
    3 x 2minutes Max Bag Work (Focus On Maintaining Posture And Control In Left Jab)(30second Intervals Between Rounds)

2 Minutes Break--

40 Pushups.
    40 Dips.
    60 Second 4kg Burn Hold.
    30 Pushups.
    30 Dips.
    40 Second 4kg Burn Hold.
    20 Pushups.
    20 Dips.
    20 Second 4kg Burn Hold.
    10 Pushups.
    10 Dips.
    (15 second Intervals)

2 Minutes Break--

30s Slow Situps.
    30s crunches.
    30s Normal Situps.
    30s Arm-Shooter Situps.
    30s V-Sits.
    30s Left Obliques.
    30s Right Obliques.
    30s Leg Extensions.
    30s Fast Situps.
    30s Double-Twist Situps.
    30s Extended Burn Hold.
    (No Intervals)
    -----

Thanks.
    Do you not run/row/cardio etc ?
    Its pretty good, although id only do the upper body pushups etc every 2 days so that they can recover

Comment

Originally posted by Sadler View Post
      Its pretty good, although id only do the upper body pushups etc every 2 days so that they can recover
      I run around 3.5 mile in the morning, sometimes again in the day if I get chance/can be arsed. I don't row much, stopped doing it when I hurt my shoulder a while back and never got into it again really, I've just been relying on running and swimming.

Comment

Yea I agree on working out every other day. You should throw some plyometrics in the mix. Maybe do this routine M, W, F and then throw in a plyometric routine on Tues and Thurs. This way you give you abs arms, and chest a bit of a rest and work on some speed an explosiveness in your legs and calves.

Comment

Originally posted by JF91 View Post

-----

2 Minutes Break--

40 Pushups.
          40 Dips.
          60 Second 4kg Burn Hold.
          30 Pushups.
          30 Dips.
          40 Second 4kg Burn Hold.
          20 Pushups.
          20 Dips.
          20 Second 4kg Burn Hold.
          10 Pushups.
          10 Dips.
          (15 second Intervals)

2 Minutes Break--

30s Slow Situps.
          30s crunches.
          30s Normal Situps.
          30s Arm-Shooter Situps.
          30s V-Sits.
          30s Left Obliques.
          30s Right Obliques.
          30s Leg Extensions.
          30s Fast Situps.
          30s Double-Twist Situps.
          30s Extended Burn Hold.
          (No Intervals)
          -----

Thanks.
          Looks pretty good man. Keep it up.

Comment

Umm maybe do some boxing?

Comment

Agreed, your training for boxing...so do some more boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by twanky1 View Post
                Agreed, your training for boxing...so do some more boxing.
                This is my home workout, I go to a boxing gym three times a week too for the more strictly boxing based exercise. And as for the plyometric advice, that's just the sort of advice I'm looking for, but I have no idea where to start with it.

Comment

Assuming you are going to a gym and this is just extra work your doing on top of that, Id throw in a 2-3 short conditioning routines a week. They seem to help more for stamina in the ring than running. You still need to run (and spar) of course.

www.rosstraining.com check the articles section

Comment

Originally posted by Sadler View Post
                    I'm not being funny but at that quantity everyday will be fine. EVen twice a day.

The workout has variety and you are going in right directin. What I would recommend is increasing quan****** and reps slowly and doing the different exercises on different days. Split them up and alternate them on different days and do more reps of each particular exercise. This is essential to get enough stimulation from each exercise.

Comment

Working...
                    X