Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question for all God of War/Devil May Cry/Hack and Slash fans...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for all God of War/Devil May Cry/Hack and Slash fans...

You know I see a lot of folks (not tons, but enough) talk down on the God of War series, as if it stole the gameplay from Devil May Cry. Now keep in mind, I have played both series, and the simularities in gameplay are there.

Well my question is, out of all of the Hack and slash games I have played, and fans of that style I have talked to, none even seem to bring up Onimusha...

In my opinion, Onimusha started this whole hack and slash craze we see today. Coming out a whole 8 months before Devil May Cry, the sucking up of orbs (that is pretty much standard in games today) started with Ominusha. Though made by Capcom (the same folks that made Devil May Cry), Onimusha never seems to get it's shine (in respect to being a pioneer to the hack and slash games we see today)...

The graphics were great, the controls ever better, and the gameplay was unmatched (until Devil May Cry came out).

So my question is simple...Why is Onimusha never mention along the side of other great Hack and slash games?

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
    You know I see a lot of folks (not tons, but enough) talk down on the God of War series, as if it stole the gameplay from Devil May Cry. Now keep in mind, I have played both series, and the simularities in gameplay are there.

Well my question is, out of all of the Hack and slash games I have played, and fans of that style I have talked to, none even seem to bring up Onimusha...

In my opinion, Onimusha started this whole hack and slash craze we see today. Coming out a whole 8 months before Devil May Cry, the sucking up of orbs (that is pretty much standard in games today) started with Ominusha. Though made by Capcom (the same folks that made Devil May Cry), Onimusha never seems to get it's shine (in respect to being a pioneer to the hack and slash games we see today)...

The graphics were great, the controls ever better, and the gameplay was unmatched (until Devil May Cry came out).

So my question is simple...Why is Onimusha never mention along the side of other great Hack and slash games?
    Onimusha is more like Resident Evil in Samurai Era. Yes it has the hack-n-slash element found in those but it has the same mechanics as resident evil had. The static angles and even the controls. Characters don't collect orbs, or something to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Martin View Post
      Onimusha is more like Resident Evil in Samurai Era. Yes it has the hack-n-slash element found in those but it has the same mechanics as resident evil had. The static angles and even the controls. Characters don't collect orbs, or something to get.
      Ummmm...Yes they do.

I do see your point about the RE mechanics though.

Comment

I really enjoyed the Onimusha series, wish they would come out with a current gen game. It was pretty similar to those games but it had shades of resident evil and maybe the combat wasn't as deep.

Comment

Working...
        X