No announcement yet.

Two punch attack put man in Coma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    To me it does. He literally backs him against a wall and goes nose-to-nose.

I personally wouldn't do that, well, probably ever. But if I did I know there is a big probability that I'll get punched for my troubles. Poor judgement on his part.
    when the video started, both of them were already face to face. and we dont know what was said between the 2. i still think its wrong for the younger guy to swing first. now if the older guy swung first then by all means, protect yourself. the younger guy could have push the older guy out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      when the video started, both of them were already face to face. and we dont know what was said between the 2. i still think its wrong for the younger guy to swing first. now if the older guy swung first then by all means, protect yourself. the younger guy could have push the older guy out of the way.
      Either way both had ample opportunity to walk away.

Comment

The first punch is fine but the final 2 piece combo was what got him in trouble. He should have layed back

But fuk that old guy. U get up in somebodys face you better expect the worst.

I have no sympathy for him

Comment

This incident is a news story about in the UK. The victim a 49-year-old man suffered a brain bleed and was in a coma after the attack by a 30-year-old man. Today, the long-term effects the attack mean the victim has weakness down one-side of his body and the emotional effects of the injuries have changed his life and the assailant has been jailed for 22 months.

There is a lot of media attention over here about the potential effects of one punch as a result of late night punch-ups and that impact that happens when the skull lands on the pavement. And there have been publicised deaths in the past from similar incidents and often times the person who has delivered the punch has gotten off if punches were thrown on both sides.

But are there mitigating circumstances here too? Both men are drunk - it occurs near on 3 in the morning. The victim gets in younger man's face and goes nose-to-nose but doesn't throw a punch. Common sense says that in that scenario more often than not someone is going to get clump. A sensible man in control of his emotions might have pushed the elder man away but the first punch is probably defendable. It is the second one that isn't for me as the elder man was a sitting duck and I think he actually sticks his arm out in pleading way.

I find stuff like this really sad but it is not like the elder man was sucker punched. The younger guy probably is a bad egg though as he has had three arrests for violent crime in the past.

But I think most people understand two things 1. if you go nose-to-nose with someone you might get punched and 2. if you are punching someone on the street especially someone who is inebriated that you could cause them serious harm.

Stuff like this is bad for all families involved. And often times these things occur between two men (usually young lads) with no previous record of violent crime or anything.

What do you reckon?
          Is that dude related to KHan? DUde has Khan's.

Comment

if some dude with grey hair was dumb enough to back me, an able bodied 30 year old, up to a wall and get that close to me i'd do the same. his body language to me makes him a threat that you've got to deal with. i don't care if he's unfit. you hit him once, and before he hits you.

i wouldn't hit him with the two piece when he was clearly staggered, doe. probably just put him in a headlock and squeeze him out. SP50 clearly didn't sign up for a hard punch and was done for the night. probably didn't expect a fight. that's an act of premeditation, that two piece, and the kid should be charged for it. your premeditated act puts a guy in a coma, you should be doing many years in jail.

FYI, it's almost surely the impact from the fall that did the damage. falling onto pavement and having your head whiplashed is infinitely harder than any man can punch. a few of the concussions i handed and saw out playing hockey were of that variety. the dude's go out on the way down, but the significant damage comes when they hit the ice while unconscious. think nathan horton. anybody remember that hit? if those guys didn't ahve helmets on they'd have been in the same spot with significant brain damage.

Comment

The back of his head slamming on the concrete is what cause the brain swelling.

This has happened many times to people fighting on concrete they either die or get brain welling from getting knocked out and the head bouncing on the concrete.

If you want to settle something bareknuckle scrap on the grass dont do it on concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
                Dude got rocked by a glancing punch that barely connected.
                The back of his head slammed against the pavement.

Comment

What do you reckon?
                  ... the kid acted "normally" under the circumstances...

(and I'm a senior citizen myself...)

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                    The back of his head slammed against the pavement.
                    I'm talking about the first punch.

Comment

the old guy hit his head on the pavement.....I'm sure that caused the brain damage.

In the UK you must step back from a confrontation before responding in kind. That's the law. Goes back to feudal days. Here in the US you can hit someone if you believe (or convince a jury) that you were in some danger. That's what saved the Zimmerman guy in Florida.

If I'm on a jury I don't see the danger from the old guy that justified the punches from the young guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X