Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Close Fights Are NEVER Robberies"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a "robbery" to me is simply any fight in which i suspect foul play, like bias or corruption

Comment

Agree. These cry babies are hilarious. They cry robbery because they disagree on 1-2 rounds.

Comment

3 judges gave Ward the 10th round and that decided the fight. Clear robbery. All the rounds where the judges were split were close. Round 10 was an obvious one and the fact that they all scored it for Ward tells you they were biased. They knew Ward couldn't win if they scored it for Kovalev.

Comment

It's all about the ROUNDS. A fight can be a draw and still have clearly decisive rounds. Last night we saw several rounds that could be debated. You can't claim robbery in that scenario. It's a robbery when clear rounds are assigned wrong.

People got so enchanted by the KD and the power that they didn't allow themselves to see Ward take the fight back. I'm seeing tons in interviews today with boxers, analysts, etc that kept a clear head and saw Ward take the rounds while Kovalev hunted for another corker.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            Fight scoring doesn't work like that. You score each round individually what happened in previous or future rounds has no influence on that round.
            Yes, this is correct. My bad.

In case of draw the belt stays with Kovalev and even with 6-6 rounds Kov wins because of the KD.
            Last edited by _Maxi; 11-20-2016, 02:37 PM.

Comment

I always look at three ways to classify a decision I disgree with. 1. A close decision I disagree with. 2. A bad decision. And 3. A Robbery. If Ward would have lost I would have classified it as a close decision I disagreed with to maybe a bad decision.

Some examples:
              PacquaioVs Marquez III was a close decision in disagree despite with. Not a bad decision and not a robbery. You could easily score that fight either way.
              Pacquaio vs Bradley I was a bad decision many think was a robbery. I don't think it was a robbery because of so many hard to score close rounds, but it was still a very bad decision. You have to give Bradley every close round and then gift him a round for him to win.
              Holyfield vs Lewis I was a robbery. There were not close rounds, there were dominant Lewis rounds they have to Holyfield and more than just a few.

Last night's fight shouldn't fall into robbery for anyone. Not even close. A few maybe think it's a bad decision. But the majority know this was a very close fight.
              Last edited by Johnny2x2x; 11-20-2016, 03:05 PM.

Comment

It depends on how competitive the rounds are. If someone wins 7 clear rounds, it would be a robbery if they lost the fight but it doesn't always play that way.

I think much of what people call robberies would go away if judges scored rounds 10-10 when nothing really seperates the fighters. That's not how they score rounds though so a fighter can emerge victorious by edging out rounds.

The end of the day, boxing is a sport. There are different ways of winning.

Comment

True. I don't see how you can have a fight as close as this and cry robbery. If the scorecards had read something like 118-110 Ward, then we can talk.

Comment

Working...
                  X