No announcement yet.

Heavyweights seem to have gotten bigger but lost skill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Tua once said:

"I've dated women taller than me, but in bed we were the same height.

There's a lesson to be learnt. If you want to beat Klitschko, fuck tall women.
    Last edited by SN!PER; 03-13-2014, 10:22 PM.

Comment

True of the whole division but not the very top, they fight in a way that takes full advantage of their size. Why would Wlad start dancing round the ring throwing uppercuts and 5-6 punch combinations when he is just as dominant behind a 1-2 and a left hook to finish.

I think Haye, Wlad, Vitali are very skilled. Haye is extremely athletic for a heavyweight the fact he supposed has a bad chin and Wlad didn't stop him (and none of this nonsense like he ran, Wlad has stopped a huge amount of his opponents who if they would have avoided being stopped would have).

I think Wilder is garbage, I think Fury is the first big Heavyweight since Lennox Lewis to be able to fight on the inside well (his inability to defend from the outside and lack of concentration on defence/technique may let him down he can sometimes look very sharp and then look absolutely dreadful next time)

Comment

larry, did you move your couch closer to the tv recently?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          What is it that you don't like about Joshua?

Haven't seen much of Joseph Parker but I'll keep an eye out. He's the Samoan kid, right?

dodgy defence, but the talent is definitely there. Wonder if there is a better trainer out there to polish him off a bit (no ****)

edit: dont know what the **** the ref was waiting for. Stop the fight!

Comment

Skill wise it's a lot worse but that extra 35lbs could wear them little guys down.

Comment

I think this next era of heavyweights, while they may be lacking in skill, could produce some exciting fights.

Hopefully they all get in the ring with each other!

Comment

Working...
              X