Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

after 'Capitalism' become past prime who will replace it?..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    Twas already implied.....
    twas not.....

Comment

Originally posted by Anton.Brilliant View Post
      twas not.....
      If you offend one person, thats too many.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
        Why not? Being born into and then marrying into wealth, along with receiving a generous stipend from Engels allowed Marx the leisure to develop a philosophy that would transform the planet. Okay bad example.

I think children are the closest thing we have to immortality. Helping them achieve that which we dreamed of, but which was out of grasp. Education, prosperity, whatever might help them live a healthy, happy life without being bogged down with overwork or stress. Try to help them avoid the mistakes we've made, but knowing that they need to make their own.

Would I want to support them their entire lives to the point where I would worry about them on my deathbed? Of course not. But I would want to broaden their opportunities as much as I could, give them enough time to figure out what they want in life and then help them as much as I could to achieve it.

I agree with you 100% here J2.

Any parent who is worth a damn only wants their kids to do better than they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          i didn't say inheriting is hard work. i said someone , parent/grandparent/great grandparent, earned it.

providing for ones children, grandchildren, etc. is a good thing is it not?
          Sure it's a good thing but at the same time being born wealthy is just being lucky, nothing more. Look at people like Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian, they have no clue what their parents did to gain that wealth, they were just born into it and are reaping all the benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            Sure it's a good thing but at the same time being born wealthy is just being lucky, nothing more. Look at people like Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian, they have no clue what their parents did to gain that wealth, they were just born into it and are reaping all the benefits.
            Kim Kardashian works harder than the average person and of course people reap the benefits of their family...

Comment

god, you're stupid.

ppl should get to do what they want with their money. it's theirs.

you're kinda ******ed huh?

you talk about earning your own money but at the same time talk about redistribution of wealth in the same post.
              Name calling and cliche political phrasing, deep.

Comment

Originally posted by CeeMCee View Post
                Name calling and cliche political phrasing, deep.
                tell me again about this magical world of yours where wealth will go to those who will do the most with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  i didn't say being born rich isn't lucky.

you're missing the point.

it's not about the heirs.

it's not about them.

it's about their parents/grandparents working hard to earn that money and their right to pass that money along to their heirs.

Comment

tell me again about this magical world of yours where wealth will go to those who will do the most with it.
                    Limit cash inheritances. The money is theirs while they're alive, their heirs have no logical beneficial claim to it. Encourage them to keep the money in play in the form of goods or services, the inheritance of property and businesses is fine. Putting more money into play can only be good for the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by CeeMCee View Post
                      Limit cash inheritances. The money is theirs while they're alive, their heirs have no logical beneficial claim to it. Encourage them to keep the money in play in the form of goods or services, the inheritance of property and businesses is fine. Putting more money into play can only be good for the economy.
                      logical, beneficial claim.....

and what is to stop them from "gifting" this money before their death?

what is to stop the inheritors from just selling these properties and businesses right after inheritance?

Comment

Working...
                      X