No announcement yet.

Funny Story...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Story...

23-year-old Baltimore man who acted injured after dropping a gun at the corner of Pennsylvania and W. North avenues — causing some bystanders to believe he had been shot by police — has been indicted in federal court, according to the office of Maryland U.S. Attorney Rod J. Rosenstein.

Robert "Meech" Tucker was indicted Thursday by a grand jury for being a felon in possession of a gun, Rosenstein's office said Friday.

The incident occurred May 4, one week after rioting and looting had erupted at the same intersection and as the city continued to simmer over the death of 25-year-old Freddie Gray, who suffered a severe spinal cord while in police custody and whose death April 19 had stirred protests against police brutality.

Police on patrol in the area spotted Tucker "displaying characteristics of an armed gunman" in a crowd on the corner and approached him, Rosenstein's office said.

Tucker ran and allegedly threw his Ruger Blackhawk .357 handgun to the ground, causing it to discharge, Rosenstein's office said.

When police caught up to him, Tucker "repeatedly screamed as if he had been injured," but he wasn't injured, Rosenstein's office said.

Still, bystanders thought he had been shot by police, and began throwing bricks and bottles at officers, Rosenstein's office said. The incident was also incorrectly reported as a police shooting by a national news outlet before being corrected.

"Police officers save lives when they detect, investigate and arrest armed criminals, and we are thankful for their proactive work," Rosenstein said in a statement. "People who throw bricks and bottles at police officers should be arrested and go to jail, just as they would if they attacked any other human being."

Tucker faces a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison. He had previously been charged in state court in the incident, and is already in state custody.

This of course, took place in 2015 but most likely got overlooked by many, including myself.

Just goes to show how rumors, misunderstandings and lies can be used to incite violence. Sound familiar?

Wow, I am quite SHOCKED, I think I know that guy!!! He is a good kid just started going to church last week and was gettin' he's life on trak

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
      Wow, I am quite SHOCKED, I think I know that guy!!! He is a good kid just started going to church last week and was gettin' he's life on trak

Comment

Ruger Blackhawk....

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          Ruger Blackhawk....

One hell of a weapon!

Comment

Working...
          X