Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Manny and Keith don't care about VADA testing why do you care so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    I said yank their lisence to box and broadcasters should refuse to broadcast the fight if there is no VADA. How is that BS??
    You said it encourages other fighters to take PED's. That's the BS. The soft punishment encourages fighters to use PED'S.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      It's a crappy situation. OP's implication is that if both fighters are cheating, all is fair, let them go at it. But even if you take this view, what if one of them isn't cheating? You may as well hand the other a knuckle duster.

As a fan of the sport you're looking for peace of mind that there's a fair contest, a level playing field. To know what you're watching is real, genuine sporting contest. You want to know who is the best, and physically that security is only provided by random drug testing.

Unfortunately this fight won't have it so for many there will be shouts of cheat if one fighter gets knocked out. It just taints the whole thing.
      Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      They should all juice equally, if they want, and the caliber between the boxers is close. Don't juice against a no hoper.
      Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
      Good post. This is what happens when someone makes a thread without having thought about it before. Cobra acts like Pacquiao and Thurman own and regulate Boxing and that if both decide that not having VADA testing is acceptable, then it is. Since when are athletes the ones who decide whether or not there will be drug testing? In which sport does that happen? None. Imagine in Cycling, 200 riders: "Oh we have reached and agreement, no testing for two months, we're all okay with this. Screw the fans. Thank you".

VADA testing should become the norm in Boxing and those who refuse to be tested by this agency should be seriously suspected and taken off sanctioning bodies' rankings. Nobody cares if the fighters themselves want it or not.
      Originally posted by IHITBACK View Post
      Does this mean the winner does not represent other belts as CHAMPIONS regarding the belts.......lets have a natural champion ship belt, where those champions are clean...WHY FIGHT FOR A CLEAN CHAMPIONSHIP, you can DIE for our entertainment. the champion is KNOWN TO BE DIRTY......THEIR CHAMPION IS KNOWN TO BE DIRTY.....ITS ENTERTAINMENT YOU CAN DIE FOR THIS EVERYTIME ITS NOT A MATTER OF SKILL, ITS A BATTLE OF DR'S AND TECHNOLOGIES, LOOK AT THOSE THINGS AND WHOS GONNA DIE TRYING NEW TECHS, WAIT UNTIL SOMEONES HEART EXPLODES DURING TRAINING OR A FIGHT.......HOW DOES BETTING WORK? DOES CERTAIN TECHS GET BETTED ON FOR THE WIN? SO WERE BETTING ON TECHS, NO SKILL (A CERTAIN GROUP WOULD LOVE THIS
      All your favorite fighters from the past were using. Don't praise juiced up former fighters from the past then now act like you're concerned about testing

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      I will say because Pacquiao is involved, it becomes a bigger deal. Like was there any VADA testing for Lomachenko's fights with Crolla or Linares? Did anyone care there was no drug testing for those fights? Was there any drug testing for Thurman vs Lopez?

Can't just pick and choose to when you want to care about testing or lack thereof.
      Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
      We can close down this thread now.
      I just wrote a thread saying I would use PED'S if I were a fighter. You've got to be a fool not to. If fighters choose drug testing I commend them. If they choose not to not going to crucifying them.

Until everybody is being tested 24/7/365 then this drug testing is all for show really.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        just wrote a thread saying I would use PED'S if I were a fighter. You've got to be a fool not to. If fighters choose drug testing I commend them. If they choose not to not going to crucifying them.

Until everybody is being tested 24/7/365 then this drug testing is all for show really.
        Exactly this.

Rabid fans of a guy will excuse away all perceived scandals yet shlt on every guy who remotely does the same shlt.

Then you got fans who say test results don't mean shlt but still demand testing.....

So many boxing fans who are beyond punch drunk

In the end, the better man will win...even the fluky guys have their moments.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          You said it encourages other fighters to take PED's. That's the BS. The soft punishment encourages fighters to use PED'S.
          Anyway I agree with you that the consequences should not be just an annoyance.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            Anyway I agree with you that the consequences should not be just an annoyance.
            It's not an annoyance. They're rewarded. Canelo & Fury signed huge deals after getting popped. Ortiz & Povetkin got huge paydays after getting popped twice. Miller might be in line for a big payday against Fury. Nery is getting a nice payday and a slot on Pac undercard and no drug testing.

There is literally no downside to doing it.

Comment

Working...
            X