Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC ignoring Andy Ruiz's WBO heavyweight title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBC ignoring Andy Ruiz's WBO heavyweight title?

Recorded "Inside PBC Boxing" on FS1 tonight and finally getting around to watching it on the DVR.

Highlight of the Joshua vs. Ruiz fight were shown, with clips from DAZN. All the Fox graphics referred to the fight as being for the IBF & WBA world heavyweight titles. No mention of the WBO.

When Ruiz was brought on as a guest, once again the on screen graphics only referred to him as the IBF & WBA world heavyweight champion.

Later in the show, when the heavyweight division was being discussed, Ruiz and Wilder were shown on screen, with Wilder listed as WBC champion and Ruiz as IBF/WBA champion. The graphic mentioned that PBC had all of the heavyweight titles, but again, zero mention of the WBO.

I don't think it's a secret that Haymon generally avoids the WBO, but Inside PBC Boxing always lists the WBO champions whenever they show a division's champs. They always list the WBO title when a fight is for the WBO title. This is a definite shift in PBC's treatment of the WBO. Anybody else notice this?

He wasn't carrying the IBF belt yesterday at the Jimmy Kimmel show but he did have the WBO.

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH SILKWORMS View Post
      Recorded "Inside PBC Boxing" on FS1 tonight and finally getting around to watching it on the DVR.

Highlight of the Joshua vs. Ruiz fight were shown, with clips from DAZN. All the Fox graphics referred to the fight as being for the IBF & WBA world heavyweight titles. No mention of the WBO.

When Ruiz was brought on as a guest, once again the on screen graphics only referred to him as the IBF & WBA world heavyweight champion.

Later in the show, when the heavyweight division was being discussed, Ruiz and Wilder were shown on screen, with Wilder listed as WBC champion and Ruiz as IBF/WBA champion. The graphic mentioned that PBC had all of the heavyweight titles, but again, zero mention of the WBO.

I don't think it's a secret that Haymon generally avoids the WBO, but Inside PBC Boxing always lists the WBO champions whenever they show a division's champs. They always list the WBO title when a fight is for the WBO title. This is a definite shift in PBC's treatment of the WBO. Anybody else notice this?
      I hope they ignore all these useless and corrupt trinkets.

Comment

I know with Mayweather, he NEVER Acknowledged the WBO Belt and did not pay their $200K Fee and was immediately stripped! After beating Pacquiao, he wouldn't even touch or hold that damn Belt and completely blew WBO President Francisco Varcarcel off...

Notice the WBO is in the BACK

Also Francisco Valcarcel was in support of Lawsuits vs Haymon and in support of him being investigated by The Department Of Justice. So Yeah, it is a reason why WBO don't Rank Al Haymon fighters for the most part and why his fighters typically don't even acknowledge that Belt
        Last edited by sicko; 06-06-2019, 01:57 AM.

Comment

I don't know if it was on purpose but the WBO is a mikey mouse belt it should stay in Europe at Euro level

IBO is the new WBO

Comment

The PBC is a weird cult. Nobody changes the narrative like the PBC and its shills. They all spat at the IBO belt when AJ had it and now they feel its in American hands its the greatest title in the world. These guys make flat earthers seem normal.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
              He wasn't carrying the IBF belt yesterday at the Jimmy Kimmel show but he did have the WBO.

Andy Ruiz was only talking about WBO belt in the build up it means more to him because that was his first title shot and first career lost

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                I know with Mayweather, he NEVER Acknowledged the WBO Belt and did not pay their $200K Fee and was immediately stripped! After beating Pacquiao, he wouldn't even touch or hold that damn Belt and completely blew WBO President Francisco Varcarcel off...

Notice the WBO is in the BACK

Also Francisco Valcarcel was in support of Lawsuits vs Haymon and in support of him being investigated by The Department Of Justice. So Yeah, it is a reason why WBO don't Rank Al Haymon fighters for the most part and why his fighters typically don't even acknowledge that Belt
                I didn't know that

good post

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                  The PBC is a weird cult. Nobody changes the narrative like the PBC and its shills. They all spat at the IBO belt when AJ had it and now they feel its in American hands its the greatest title in the world. These guys make flat earthers seem normal.
                  Have any examples of people doing this? Never seen anybody in America recognize the IBO. None of the TV channels here recognize it, not even DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    Andy Ruiz was only talking about WBO belt in the build up it means more to him because that was his first title shot and first career lost
                    Yeah I noticed it was the first belt he grabbed when he was announced champ.

Comment

Working...
                    X