Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz's Coach: Joshua Should NOT Do a Direct Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a calculated gamble. If they make the first look like a fluke, AJ gets a significant portion of his momentum restored. Skip it, and he's a costly investment that is frittering away prime years and might have to wait a couple years to get another belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
      Bro that is a great f#ucking idea! He should if he is suffering with confidence. Can you blame him if he does?
      No, not at all. He's got quite the dilemma. His team wants to make sure he's physically and mentally prepared, but he's up against the constraints of a contractually mandated rematch that only gives him a few months to do that. As others have said, it might be best for AJ to let the rematch go, get a new trainer and rebuild, but his reputation as a champion would be seriously damaged by that. AJs ego won't let him pass on the immediate rematch, so an injury delay may be the best middle ground.
      Last edited by NachoMan; 06-14-2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
        What do you mean he was never hurt? His brain was so scrambled that he could only think about escape. Andy rung his bell good.
        ^That's why this was no fluke. AJ did the same thing against Wlad (pushed a hurt opponent too aggressively) and got punished. AJ was hurt and never allowed to recover. Ruiz won by being a smarter fighter. Zero fluke.

However, quick vengence might make people write it off as a fluke because it seems a lot of fans still aren't aware of why AJ lost. AJ can fight differently next time and give Ruiz real problems. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          ^That's why this was no fluke. AJ did the same thing against Wlad (pushed a hurt opponent too aggressively) and got punished. AJ was hurt and never allowed to recover. Ruiz won by being a smarter fighter. Zero fluke.

However, quick vengence might make people write it off as a fluke because it seems a lot of fans still aren't aware of why AJ lost. AJ can fight differently next time and give Ruiz real problems. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
          That it focus on your own analysis which is pretty accurate in my opinion. Stop consuming your thoughts with casual fans and who you deem them to be. In any case even if your assertions were correct about certain posters being casuals( I will put my self in that category) what do you propose happens next?

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
            No, not at all. He's got quite the dilemma. His team wants to make sure he's physically and mentally prepared, but he's up against the constraints of a contractually mandated rematch that only gives him a few months to do that. As others have said, it might be best for AJ to let the rematch go, get a new trainer and rebuild, but his reputation as a champion would be seriously damaged by that. AJs ego won't let him pass on the immediate rematch, so an injury delay may be the best middle ground.
            Agreed...It seems they have smart people in New Orleans

Comment

Originally posted by baroidi View Post
              nah, the reason Joshua is taking the immediate rematch is because Hearn, and more importantly DAZN, wants it. Let's just hope that when Ruiz jr KO's Joshua again, there's no drama with Joshua's dad trying to rip Hearn's head off because Joshua was forced into the rematch.
              Joshua has been hit harder by klitchcko and whyte but it was more a temple shot that ****ed him up...when you take a left hook from a 275lb on the temple things go all bandy and it was in the pocket...Joshua will not make the same mistake again and will matador him but credit to Ruiz he was the better man let’s see if he can repeat it in the rematch...and if Joshua once more folds then he has nothing more he can do and should retire ....there is gonna be a story to tell in the next fight they have that’s for sure

Comment

What do you mean he was never hurt? His brain was so scrambled that he could only think about escape. Andy rung his bell good.
                AJ had complete control of his mental faculties. He was dazed but not rubber legged.

I understand people hating AJ and jumping on the blubber bus but let's not make it out that Andy was a skillful tactician in there. He had an open target and still only landed very few punches cleanly.

Comment

I wouldn't call it a fluke. I would call it unexpected. Watched a few pre-fight interviews with well known boxing trainers (Roach, etc.) and they all said that Ruiz was a very talented fighter and people weren't giving him the credit he was due. They all expected the fight to be competitive but did give Joshua the edge.
                  I know there was a ''curse'' predicted about foreigners losing on American soil but, how many non Mexican experts picked Andy to win ?

Did Roach, etc ?

It was a massive upset, hence it being a fluke.

Comment

Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
                    That's not what he said at all. He said that Joshua CHOSE to quit and that Joshua (and his true supporters) need to come to grips with that reality. They all need to realize that Joshua could have continued if he really wanted to, but he didn't...

15 minutes of Atlas talking ?!?!?!

Pass me the sulfuric acid, please. I'd rather pour that in my ears.

I did read about him (I think) saying something about AJ losing to Andy set physical conditioning back 1000 years.

Whoever said it was spot on.

Comment

Lmao at these clowns with ulterior motives tell the man to forget the rematch when the first one was a fluke against an unfit guy. Why are you lot scared when the man himself isn’t and doesn’t care because he wants his belts back?

He’s 10000% sure he’ll spark Ruiz out. He also spoke about the fight today at an event with Obama and Ruiz has 6 months to take pictures with those belts. He said he’s not making excuses and he takes responsibility for the loss. But news of what really happened before the fight and the week leading to the fight will come out in Dec.

He’ll kill Ruiz in Dec. If a 30% Josh could score a KD against Ruiz despite trying to avoid being hit anyway around his head due to what happened pre-fight. A 100% Josh will kill him. Fu..ck Ruiz and his coach, just enjoy your 6 month because you’ll have to retire after December.

Comment

Working...
                      X