Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Andy Ruiz Stops Joshua Mania, Taylor, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. NFL linemen are typically meatballs & have surprising quickness & agility chasing down cat-quick rb's. I'm not questioning that. Like Bread said...they get breaks in between plays. & sit on the sideline wen the other side of the ball is on the field. Boxing is all abount endurance & explosion aerobic and anaerobic at the same time...as well as durability. I see a fatboy like that in feont of me...i burn his ass out & create openings & get him outta there. Joshua didnt even lay on him make him carry his weight. But he wasnt fit to fight that night clearly. To try & act like fat people breathe better...use energy more efficiently & effectively is ******ed.

Comment

Fat or no fat, this makes no differnce in the world of combat! Ring IQ and heart is everything!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDTheRealOne View Post
        I agree with you Bread about Ennis, he's the most talented prospect. Haney is a close second.
        Your going to throwing Otta Jones in there too after he has some more fights. I can tell by who you picked that you think a good defensive fighter almost always will beat a good offensive fighter.I agree Boots is the best prospect right now and its a shame he is not fighting because they have done a terrible job already getting this kid some press, half the guys on here have never even seen him fight or really even heard of him.Also have you seen Chris Colbert? He seems have got his mans strength now if he has heart and at least a decent chin he is a future PFP fighter.

Comment

Bread hints at it here but doesn’t say it directly- AJ didn’t take a single punch well in that fight. Every hit rocked him to the core, like he was in Round 12 already and had already taken a beating. I’m inclined to believe the sparring KO rumours. He looked a bit out of it even before the fight started, and every Ruiz punch looked like a finisher as if AJ was already wobbled. I don’t think it’s a conditioning thing. Yes AJ is too muscular but his team are far too professional to overlook something as simple as ring fitness.

That last knockdown sold it to me, he was totally disoriented and just fell over without any big shots actually landing.

Comment

Bread boy,

Andy ruiz whipped aj cause he is better as a boxer. NOT because he took advantage of a prior aj injury or any of that nonsense. You compliment ruiz on one hand and disrespect him with the other. Joshua was out boxed, period.

Most people didn't notice that ruiz stunned aj in the second round also. There's no need for ruiz to be proactive. All he needs to do is pick joshua apart one more gain.

Comment

Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
              Agreed. NFL linemen are typically meatballs & have surprising quickness & agility chasing down cat-quick rb's. I'm not questioning that. Like Bread said...they get breaks in between plays. & sit on the sideline wen the other side of the ball is on the field. Boxing is all abount endurance & explosion aerobic and anaerobic at the same time...as well as durability. I see a fatboy like that in feont of me...i burn his ass out & create openings & get him outta there. Joshua didnt even lay on him make him carry his weight. But he wasnt fit to fight that night clearly. To try & act like fat people breathe better...use energy more efficiently & effectively is ******ed.
              Sorry to burst your bubble but you’re not going to burn Ruiz out. Have you ever seen him fight? I’d bet the man can throw more punches in 12 rounds all while dancing and getting hit around the ring than you could standing still in a 24 hour period.

Comment

Originally posted by cameltoe View Post
                Bread hints at it here but doesn’t say it directly- AJ didn’t take a single punch well in that fight. Every hit rocked him to the core, like he was in Round 12 already and had already taken a beating. I’m inclined to believe the sparring KO rumours. He looked a bit out of it even before the fight started, and every Ruiz punch looked like a finisher as if AJ was already wobbled. I don’t think it’s a conditioning thing. Yes AJ is too muscular but his team are far too professional to overlook something as simple as ring fitness.

That last knockdown sold it to me, he was totally disoriented and just fell over without any big shots actually landing.
                That's because he didn't have stamina... Lol you have both puzzle peices in your hands but you're not fitting them correctly...

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
                  Fat or no fat, this makes no differnce in the world of combat! Ring IQ and heart is everything!
                  You can fight or you can't basically. Plenty of no-fat guys suck.

I do know people equate is weight with not trying to be the best in every way, but you can be in-shape as hell and still get plenty beat up.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
                    Sorry to burst your bubble but you’re not going to burn Ruiz out. Have you ever seen him fight? I’d bet the man can throw more punches in 12 rounds all while dancing and getting hit around the ring than you could standing still in a 24 hour period.
                    Lol very good retort.that guy is thinking like aj but unfortunately six packs don't punch back. Fat is there for a reason,energy. Connie McGregor burned out the same way, all muscles with no energy reserves. Ruiz and cain Velasquez both were fat and both outhustled. Period..

Comment

Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
                      Two reasons ruiz won. Better experience and better fitness.

Yeah better fitness. Aj is just a body builder while ruiz is an endurance fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X