Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 01-12-2018, 06:13 PM #41
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3412 Post(s)
Curt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 18,453.96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
Some people simply haven't been paying attention. Ward is the most level-headed guy boxing has seen in at least the last 10 years, or ever. He isn't the type that is going run into personal trouble, get his back against a wall, or who didn't plan out how he was going to transition out of boxing. He's got his hands in a lot of different side biz between commentary, apparel, sponsorship, and most importantly management.

He didn't buy a huge house, marry a greedy woman, or do any of the things that drain a boxer's bank acct after retirement.

Beyond the fact that he won't need the money, he's also fiercely competitive. No way is he going to take time off and come back in a compromised state. When he was in contractual dispute, he was still in the gym all the time, took a fight in the middle of it, and was young enough to get away with it. He won't do that now. He's retired.
good post

lack of money fights and prob the lack of respect despite his last two fights probably has left him with little motivation

like you said...hes not coming back in a compromised state
Curt Henning is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-12-2018, 06:20 PM #42
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 10665 Post(s)
Shadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond reputeShadoww702 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,291.89
No Message - MDPopescu No Message - RapidSon good poster :) - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
Absolutely no chance Kov could have fought back had Weeks let him continue. He was gutted like a pig and had ZERO in his tank.
Ive seen worse come back then that.
Shadoww702 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:38 PM #43
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 9430 Post(s)
kafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,741.82
Total Points: 26,359.44
:) - Beercules :) - MDPopescu Don't be so damned sensitive, you're Scottish. - Scott.Weiland. Have a Sunday beer on me - Steve plunger true poster!!! - MDPopescu 
war jezza! - mlac P4P funny poster list on BScene - Snoop Frog ok - clandestino Thnx for the green. Cheers - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruedboy View Post
Kovalev's too stubborn or dumb to beat Ward. It seemed like he learned nothing from their first fight.
Most people knew what Andre was bringing. No surprise, it's a war of attrition and don't expect help from the ref.
Unless your name is Andre Ward.
kafkod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:40 PM #44
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 9430 Post(s)
kafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,741.82
Total Points: 26,359.44
:) - Beercules :) - MDPopescu Don't be so damned sensitive, you're Scottish. - Scott.Weiland. Have a Sunday beer on me - Steve plunger true poster!!! - MDPopescu 
war jezza! - mlac P4P funny poster list on BScene - Snoop Frog ok - clandestino Thnx for the green. Cheers - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoww702 View Post
Ive seen worse come back then that.
AJ was in far worse shape against Wlad, gassed and dropped hard, but he ended up winning.
kafkod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:48 PM #45
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5695 Post(s)
Bronx2245 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx2245 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx2245 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx2245 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx2245 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx2245 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx2245 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx2245 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx2245 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx2245 has a reputation beyond reputeBronx2245 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,020.15
Total Points: 24,686.78
A cold one in lieu of green K - taste Well deserved - taste 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
I wont pay to see it simply because the results of the first 2 matches were due to either corruption or hometown cooking or incompetency. The first fight Kovalev clearly landed more punches and the harder punches in the most rounds and also scored a knockdown and was robbed. The judges scored round 10 for Ward which was a clear Kovalev round. The 2nd fight Tony Weeks had a birds eye view of Kovalev getting hit square in the nuts which caused him to sit on the ropes. He should have been given time to recover from a low blow but even if he considered it legal under the rules he was supposed to give him a standing 8 count because he was on the ropes. It was a premature stoppage in a fight which Kovalev was winning. He figured out Wards dirty tactics and was schooling him before Weeks looked out for Ward. Kovalev was and still is #1 at 175 because Ward couldnt beat him legit.
The controversy spoiled the endings, but overall, they just weren't PPV worthy fights! Kov quit! He can't take body shots! He was not preparing right, drinking, etc. Ward made him go find Jesus, and I hope it works for him. However, he's not a fighter that I want to PAY to see! Same goes for Ward! Great fighter, great tactician, but I don't want to PAY to see him fight!
Bronx2245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:04 PM #46
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1417 Post(s)
nacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,015.08
Total Points: 10,571.75
Campana campana Chino Maidana - punchr ole ole ole ole chino chino - punchr Technico uno! technico uno! - punchr donut - punchr backup donut - punchr 
screw apples - punchr piping hot cup of joe - punchr refill - punchr fuck coffee - KOVALBOXER top poster - Freedom. 
EBT covfefe - Shontae De'marc #1 - mathed #2 - mathed #3 - mathed #4 - mathed 

ward took time off not to wreck his organs from the PED's he did over the years. he needed a septic pump truck to clean the PEDs out. he will never come back cause he was half retired when he was supposedly an "active" fighter
nacho daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:08 PM #47
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 11308 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 17,721.88
Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc 
Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 
Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder LOL - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx2245 View Post
The controversy spoiled the endings, but overall, they just weren't PPV worthy fights! Kov quit! He can't take body shots! He was not preparing right, drinking, etc. Ward made him go find Jesus, and I hope it works for him. However, he's not a fighter that I want to PAY to see! Same goes for Ward! Great fighter, great tactician, but I don't want to PAY to see him fight!
Weren't PPV worthy fights? Two top 5 P4P guys. It had been a hell of a long time since that happened. Just because you're a cheerleader and only like certain boxers doesn't mean that real boxing fans shouldn't want to see the top guys fight. Just about any time two top P4P 5 guys fight, it's worthy of everyone's attention.

And, because I know you're going to turn this into a "I don't want to pay" argument, no one wants to pay. I don't either, but PPV is a real thing. If you think Canelo v Chavez and GG v Lemieux are better PPV fights, then... well.... I guess not much more needs to be said.
Redd Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:22 PM #48
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 698 Post(s)
jjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 8,789.00

Quote:
He didnt quit he got hit in the nuts over and over those were fouls and he was already warned about it, they counted something like 12 low blows the last 2 rounds, Ward should have gotten points deducted and Kovalev time to recover but Weeks obviously saw Kovalev was kicking Wards ass so he called the fight off when he saw Ward hit him in the nuts and Kovalev sit on the ropes. Ward was targeting his nuts for 2 rounds, actually the whole fight but mainly the last 2 rounds. Kovalev is an exciting fighter, a power puncher who knocks almost everyone out he shouldnt get blamed for Corruption. Id like to watch Kovapev Ward 3 with neutral judges. I wouldnt pay for it due to said corruption or hometown cooking but id pay for Kovalev Stevenson
jjsmyth87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:37 PM #49
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 698 Post(s)
jjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond reputejjsmyth87 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 8,789.00

Quote:
I wouldnt be surprised if Weeks and Ward planned beforehand that was how the fight was going to end. Weeks made it a point to look at Kovalev and say the beltlne is ok to hit during his instructions. Then when Kovalev was dominating Ward Ward resorts to ducking down and coming in head first and aiming for Kovalev below the belt and hitting him with low blows over and over abd Weeks only warned him for 1 and then he calls the fight off out of nowhere when Ward clearky hit him low and Weeks was looking right at it. Anyone would have slumped into the ropes after getting hit in the nuts by a straight right from Andre Ward that should have been a point deduction not a knockout victory for Ward. Up until Ward starting hitting him with low blows Kovalev was schooling Ward so since it was a mistake by Weeks that led to an erroneous stoppage Kovalev beat him both times in my eyes. Outboxed him both fights
jjsmyth87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:58 PM #50
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1788 Post(s)
john l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,271.00
Without that black bottle preferrably.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 Cheers, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Proven liar and NSB Pick 'em cheat. - Robbie Barrett Makes up lies. Not to be trusted. - Robbie Barrett Disgraceful liar and cheat, that loves man meat - Robbie Barrett 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
Of course Andre "Son of Golata" will be back. He's just getting the PEDs he got from Conte out of his system. I'm sure he'll be back and fighting in Vegas or Oakland again.
Geez get over it already your crush lost.And Ward has not been with Conte for years like 3-4 al least and NO ONE has ever accused him of PEDs.To just make that up because your crush lost is just BS GET A LIFE ALREADY!!!!!!!!! NO MOOD TO SUFFER FOOLS
john l is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List