No announcement yet.

Nunes bodybags Cyborg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    Not sure she exposed her. Cyborg had no idea what to do when hurt. Big mistake to just brawl away when rocked that bad.
    The one thing that I hope got exposed is this ridiculous bias that weight is a huge factor at the top level. Everyone told me how big Cyborg looked at the weigh in. I reminded everyone she came in a pound light. Means she had to cut hard. She and her team got exposed cause she couldn’t have done worse. Even I knew Nunes was going stand up to her. Was not afraid. But that’s all the hype was, fear, and weight. She cuts from 180!! Who gives a crap.

Comment

i always said nunes has the better hands but i didnt know it was gonna end that way and that quick too! i think cyborg has reached her limits. her size and physical strength over a lot of the other girls is one of the biggest advantage she has but now the skill level from the other girls has made up for that. if you look at some of cyborg's previous fights, she was getting caught flush on already but her size got her thru it. but you can only take one too many before you go down and that's what happened to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
        I picked Nunes to KO Cyborg and I’m not surprised at all. She did it better than I even expected. Standing I knew she’d kill her. On the ground I don’t know. But I knew Cyborg wouldn’t go to ground until she had too. Nunes was never going to be afraid, nobody wins just by being heavier at the top level. They aren’t on the same level boxing wise. Even Rousey stayed on her feet. I have no problem any boxing fan having Cyborg winning somehow, but if u thought she’d destroy Nunes like what happened to her u need give ur head a shake. I’m not bragging, I just want the others to come out and say that they saw it like I did. I didn’t get it right, most just got it wrong. Still Cyborg was only -250 so is anything that shocking in ufc?
        I called a Cyborg win, because there's frankly no reason she should have lost. Cyborg beat Holly Holm - a CHAMPION BOXER and legit, accurate striker - in the standup game. Then proceeded to get clapped by Amanda Nunes throwing nothing but haymakers.

No...clearly this was a gameplan issue, like Jacobs/Quillin. Cris came in there expecting Nunes to box safe and be afraid of her like all the rest, and when Nunes threw caution to the wind, Cris had no answer for it but to throw back and hope she landed something.

It'd be like Pipino Cuevas KO'ng Julio Caesar Chavez. As good as Cuevas was, that outcome would never be expected by anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          I called a Cyborg win, because there's frankly no reason she should have lost. Cyborg beat Holly Holm - a CHAMPION BOXER and legit, accurate striker - in the standup game. Then proceeded to get clapped by Amanda Nunes throwing nothing but haymakers.

No...clearly this was a gameplan issue, like Jacobs/Quillin. Cris came in there expecting Nunes to box safe and be afraid of her like all the rest, and when Nunes threw caution to the wind, Cris had no answer for it but to throw back and hope she landed something.

It'd be like Pipino Cuevas KO'ng Julio Caesar Chavez. As good as Cuevas was, that outcome would never be expected by anyone.
          I thought Quillin would rubbish Jacobs too. Course we had seen more Quillin on tv than Jacobs then. But I mean everyone can throw for that first minute or two. Maybe things play out differently over a hundred fights.
          Anyone who thought Nunes would be scared or box safe misread her. Why do the same thing that everyone else did to lose? She’s an undefeated champ. She was always going to try and land early and hard to get that respect. She did land, and Cyborg tried to trade with her. Didn’t work out at all. I think Nunes is by far the more dynamic puncher. They underestimated Nunes. They overhyped Cyborg. I mean yeah now that they know, maybe they go for the takedown or whatever. But this was always going to be the outcome if they stood and traded in this fight. Im just not surprised in the least. If ur best attribute is being heavier than everyone, not a good sign. Means little against the best. If Cyborg is that good she really worked hard at doing her worst. I believed more in Nunes is all I guess.

Comment

Anyone who thought Nunes would be scared or box safe misread her. Why do the same thing that everyone else did to lose?
            Another example: Calzaghe/Lacy.

"Lights Out" expected Calslappy to come in there and play it safe because he was a feared fighter at the time.

Gameplan. You don't do what they expect you to do, unexpected things happen.

Comment

Another example: Calzaghe/Lacy.

"Lights Out" expected Calslappy to come in there and play it safe because he was a feared fighter at the time.

Gameplan. You don't do what they expect you to do, unexpected things happen.

I would have accepted the name “Slappy/Sloppy Joe Calzaghe” as well. If u fight a top level guy/girl and ur gameplan is based on someone being afraid of you? Then u deserve what’s coming. The buck stops eventually. Always someone tougher. If u think everyone’s going to fight u scared then u haven’t fought anyone. I get it wrong a lot too. I was a huge Tyson fan as a kid like most. The day after Tyson beat Spinks my old man told me a guy named Evander Holyfield would beat Tyson one day. If u can’t stand toe to toe and win, then u had no business expecting them to be scared.

Comment

I would have accepted the name “Slappy/Sloppy Joe Calzaghe” as well. If u fight a top level guy/girl and ur gameplan is based on someone being afraid of you? Then u deserve what’s coming. The buck stops eventually. Always someone tougher. If u think everyone’s going to fight u scared then u haven’t fought anyone. I get it wrong a lot too. I was a huge Tyson fan as a kid like most. The day after Tyson beat Spinks my old man told me a guy named Evander Holyfield would beat Tyson one day. If u can’t stand toe to toe and win, then u had no business expecting them to be scared.
                Holyfield didn't beat Tyson. Evan Fields did.

Comment

Holyfield didn't beat Tyson. Evan Fields did.
                  He trained with Lee Haney to bulk up also, so I don’t doubt that he took gear. Doesn’t change the fact he was a huge underdog to Tyson.

Comment

Working...
                  X