Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighter of the decade will be Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As sad as it is, I'll take Floyd as FOTD any day over Canelo. Floyd had a disputed win or two, but he came back and left no doubts. Canelo's best wins are highly disputed, not to even mention he got popped for PEDs last year.

That's a hard, hard pass.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      As sad as it is, I'll take Floyd as FOTD any day over Canelo. Floyd had a disputed win or two, but he came back and left no doubts. Canelo's best wins are highly disputed, not to even mention he got popped for PEDs last year.

That's a hard, hard pass.
      I feel you but as proven last time you can't retire before the decade is over and win so Canelo is the clear favorite

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
        He will win it but I don't agree with it as he should probably have at least 2-3 losses.

Mayweather has

Mosley
        Maidana x2
        Cotto
        Alvarez
        Pacquiao

All without any controversy

Take out canelo highly dubious wins and Floyd has better wins

I'm not in favour of ignoring robberies and giving credit for them like they are wins that actually happened.

No, those fights were not robberies

Lara maybe deserved the draw but not the win, the draw was good in the first fight with GGG

The second was a good win to Nelo

Comment

Thurman if he beats Spence or Pacquiao.

Pacquiao if he beats hypeman Spence, or somehow Thurman.

Crawford if he beats thurman/spence/porter.

Loma if he beats a victorious mikey garcia.

Canelo has a good chance due to popularity. Lara, cotto, golovkin and if he wins jacobs would be excellent wins. No need to pad a record by mentioning garbage like chavez jr, khan, mosley, kirkland and angulo.
          Last edited by SplitSecond; 01-22-2019, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            who do you have over Canelo for fighter of the decade and why??
            mayweather, lomachenko, usyk, id even put ward ahead of him. Golovkin should be ahead of him too if judges werent being paid off. canelos never even been a consensus pound for pound number 1, i could list a load of other fighters who he is around the same level as too. Whats he even done thats so much better than someone like keith thurman?? His careers littered with controversial wins and past it fighters, the names sound impressive but dig a little deeper and its nothing amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
              mayweather, lomachenko, usyk, id even put ward ahead of him. Golovkin should be ahead of him too if judges werent being paid off. canelos never even been a consensus pound for pound number 1, i could list a load of other fighters who he is around the same level as too.

Mayweather, Ward-retired to early

Usyk-has not accomplished as much and only came on late in the decade

GGG-resume is trash and does not have 1 career defining win

Loma-came one late in the decade as well

sorry but Canelo is the clear winner

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                No, those fights were not robberies

Lara maybe deserved the draw but not the win, the draw was good in the first fight with GGG

The second was a good win to Nelo
                he lost just as easy the second time and got outlanded. Just cause he came forward doesnt mean he won any more rounds.

Comment

larry just trying to put the jinx his put on broner on canelo now lmfao.

Comment

Mayweather, Ward-retired to early

Usyk-has not accomplished as much and only came on late in the decade

GGG-resume is trash and does not have 1 career defining win

Loma-came one late in the decade as well

sorry but Canelo is the clear winner
                    why does almost every p4p list have lomachenko and usyk ahead of him? Hell canelos not even top 3 in most lists and people are talking about him as fighter of the decade?!?

Comment

he will win it
                      Havent you learnt yet to just shut up on this topic, you remind me of bart simpson how he doesnt learn his lesson

Comment

Working...
                      X