Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Japanese Fashion Model Isn’t a Human, She’s Computer Generated

This Japanese Fashion Model Isn’t a Human, She’s Computer Generated

By Emma Taggart on January 21, 2019

Computer generated technology is rapidly improving, so much so that it’s sometimes hard to tell the difference between what’s real and what’s animated. However, CGI isn’t just being used for special effects in films anymore—today the technology is also being applied to create incredibly realistic computer generated people. Meet Imma, the Japanese virtual model who’s taking the fashion industry by storm.

Imma is named after the Japanese word “ima,” meaning “now,” and she certainly represents the modern technology boom. Created by CG company ModelingCafe, she looks just like a real fashion model and even has her own Instagram and Twitter pages. Each of Imma’s images are rendered by transposing her 3D animated head onto a live-action body and background. However, it’s almost impossible to tell—everything from her pink hair to the texture of her skin looks so lifelike!

Imma’s fashion career has already taken off, and she’s even graced the cover of CGWorld magazine. “I’m interested in Japanese culture,” she says on her Twitter bio. “I want to attract humans to the fashion show.” This is perhaps a step toward more CG people being used as models, but what does this mean for the industry as a whole? There are mixed feelings about this, when thinking about the future of jobs for humans. However, it’s hard to deny how impressive Imma is from an artistic standpoint.
    You can see more photos of Imma on Instagram.

Meet Imma, the computer generated virtual model from Japan.

https://mymodernmet.com/imma-cgi-virtual-model/#

Lol only in Japan

Comment

she looks like a mannequin

Comment

Women becoming more and more useless by the day

Comment

I’m too old to care.... I live in Tokyo, cool today gone tomorrow... I’m happy my wife navigates the stupidities for me.

My wife knows I’ll make rice boys hurt.. the only thing that’s real.

My wife is my everything, but she knows My Jew GOD is above her... as a Jew...I can’t understand.
          Last edited by Zaroku; 01-22-2019, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Pretty cool. I bet she has a clean poosie, hairless.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              I’m too old to care.... I live in Tokyo, cool today gone tomorrow... I’m happy my wife navigates the stupidities for me.

My wife knows I’ll make rice boys hurt.. the only thing that’s real.

My wife is my everything, but she knows My Jew GOD is above her... as a Jew...I can’t understand.
              Stfu idiot.

No one cares about your fake wife and fake life.

Comment

I’m back on the 8th of feb. I need a buddy like you! To drive with me. Cali is so big, and I have not driven in almost 4 years.

Why don’t you post pics boy?

If you look at the meta data associated with my pics, all Japan. But, a hard IG like you know this already. Btw, Salinas is a place I gotta stop at.

Comment

I disagree, a lot of guys have seen me face and know my “fake” voice. You can’t say the same.. I know you can’t!

Comment

its over once these robot hoes learn how to make sandwiches

Comment

Working...
                    X