Collapse
No announcement yet.

The top 15 GREATEST BOXERS OF ALL TIME

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sugar robinson,ali,witaker o roy jones,tyson,ridick bowe,sugar leonar,hagler,duran,mas gente como holmes, como joe luis Jack Dempsey hopkins,trinidad julio cesar chavez,mywather,oscar de la polla,tooney paquiao,Tommy Hearn,pernell
    Last edited by oscar delapolla; 05-16-2021, 12:56 AM.

Comment

• Here's my current swing at atop 15:

Greb
      Duran
      Lomachenko
      Pep
      Walker
      Jofre
      Canzoneri
      Robinson
      McFarland
      Armstrong
      Leonard, R
      Loughran
      Whitaker
      Dempsey
      Leonard, B

I'm sure there's plenty of criticism to be made.

But I'm confident I can defend their positions.

Comment

• I agree with you somewhat, when I did not see Willie Pep in there. But he did state, what they did inside and outside the ring. So I think you have to put it into perspective. Like jake Lamotta, probably became more famous because of the movie, and the many years that he lived when many of him contemporaries died much sooner than he did. that is why he even had Henry Cooper as an honorable mention.

Comment

• i have same as you

Comment

• 1. Sugar Ray Robinson
            2. Henry Armstrong
            3. Willie Pep
            4. Muhammad Ali
            5. Roberto Duran
            6. Harry Greb
            7. Joe Louis
            8. Sugar Ray Leonard
            9. Jimmy Wilde
            10. Sam Langford
            11. Roy Jones Jr.
            12. Marvin Hagler
            13. Manny Pacquiao
            14. Ricardo Lopez
            15. Jack Johnson

Comment

• I'll agree to all of the first 14 you all picked, starting with

1. Jack Johnson, adding my own pick DAVEY DAY who fought from 1931 -1941. Had over 250 fights amateur and pro, and never suffered a cut!

He fought Armstrong for the Wel.Title half of the fight blind, one completely closed and other just a squint, not caused by Hank's punches, but his elbows. The ref. prevented Armstrong from losing at 2:48 of the 12th.When he looked at Armstrongs bloody face, and said , "you can rest now." He also mentioned never seeing any fighter throw as many punches, quoted at 2000 in 12 rd. wondering where he got his energy? Armstrong was damaged goods, with severely cut eye lid, broken hand, badly hurt right hand, and cut up face.

Armstrong ducked Davey for a rematch. Ambers wouldn't fight Davey in a rematch,as in 1937 in a non title match DAY pummeled Lou in circles, and the bell saved the Champion, only to lose in a split decision, he was robbed In March 0f 1940 the N.B.A.stripped Ambers of his Title for not fighting Mr. Day.

If interested in learning about the Golden Age of Boxing, google, Henry Armstrong vs. Davey Day read the the content of the descriptions in two lots of the seller. Everything is documented. Read how Davey was robbed in Louisville in 1940 by Jack Dempsey against Angott.

Comment

• Allow me to introduce a guy by the name of Davey Day, the human string bean. Jimmy McLarnin said that if Davey wasn't in the same stable with Ross, he would have been the Lightweight Champion. Did you know that when Sugar Ray Robinson was rolling over the lightweights in 1941 at the age of 19 yrs old, he was scheduled to fight Davey Day and backed out, having Bob Montgomery substituting for the match. Mr. Day was on the shelf for 9 months prior.

Interesting tidbit. Davey went to visit Sammy Angott in his room at the Italian Boxing Hall of Fame Convention, which was held in Chicago in 1978. Mrs. Angott welcomed Davey in with a big smile. Sammy was sitting near the window on one side of the ****tail table and Davey sat on the other side. Sammy's hands were shaped like clubs, his fingers and knuckles were enormous, his arms resembled tree stumps, his shoulders and back were massive. You couldn't mistake this guy for not being a fighter. Davey's face was totally unmarked. He was devoid of scar tissue around his eyes, his hands were elegant, and could have been a brain surgeon. Come to think of it he used them like precision scalpels in all his fights, for if you were lucky to get knocked out quick, you avoided getting cut up by him. You wouldn't recognize this thin faced, mild mannered, soft spoken figure ever being a fighter. For a split second Sammy didn't believe either. For a suddenly said, actually more like a fighter should sound , "I beat a guy named Davey Day for the Lightweight Title in Louisville." Davey says softly, "Sammy that's me Davey." Sammy replies. "Oh ya, Davey, Dempsey gave me the decision." Davey says, "I know Sammy, I know." I sensed a mutual love these two fighters had for each other. Sammy was a great Champion, and like Davey a pleasure to be around!

Comment

• Lomachenko?? Klichko bros?

Comment

• 1. Roberto Duran
                    2. Sugar Ray Leonard
                    3. Julio Cesar Chavez
                    4. Thomas Hearns
                    5. Mike Tyson
                    6. Alexis Arguello
                    7. Manny Pacquiao
                    8. Salvador Sanchez
                    9. Wilfredo Gomez