No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    There's no question MGS3 is the best for gameplay, and arguably the best MGS game period. It's ****ing outstanding in every area.

MGS5 is going to be more like Peace Walker and Portable Ops on the PSP, only with a AAA console game budget. You'll get thrown into huge areas with specific goals within that area, but you can explore and find optional content from the sound of things. Kojima said it's possible to play through the game without even finding Quiet, who has been a big part of the advertising.
    How good is Peacewalker? My bro played it a ton on the PSP. In terms of story, is it as interesting as the other MGS games? I LOVED the story most in the MGS1 tbh, loved the atmosphere and the characters obviously the gameplay in this day and age is heavily dated but for it's time it was great.

Comment

The graphics are impressive. If you squint your eyes enough it gets impossible to tell that you're playing a game and not watching a live action sequence.

This is looking like Kojima's most ambitious project.

(newest gameplay demo)

Last edited by DARKSEID; 08-07-2015, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
        How good is Peacewalker? My bro played it a ton on the PSP. In terms of story, is it as interesting as the other MGS games? I LOVED the story most in the MGS1 tbh, loved the atmosphere and the characters obviously the gameplay in this day and age is heavily dated but for it's time it was great.
        I've only played Peace Walker once but it was still very good and the voice acting is still top notch. The art style & interactive cutscenes is a fun getaway from the infamous console MGS cutscenes as well.

The thing is the game is easier if you spend time doing side-ops and managing Mother Base and R&D for better gear/weapons. If you try to tackle the game strictly through main missions its kind of tough but the pacing of the game is great and you don't feel like you're wasting time doing side-ops.

If you have a ps3 I'd try and get the MGS HD Collection so you can play Peace Walker on PS3.

Comment

This is what kojima based snake on :

Comment

Bit underwhelmed with the online game tbh.

Comment

Working...
            X