No announcement yet.

Evander Holyfield was 208lb when he Ko'd Buster Douglas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jglvz256 View Post
    He was not considered to be a puncher, not compared to rivals such as Bowe, Tyson, Mercer, Lewis, Morrison, Foreman, Moorer, etc.
    I agree. Holy could fight as a puncher, but that is also how he lost twice to Bowe. But his combos, his aggression made him a very strong boxer puncher.

Comment

when's the last time Holyfield left a HW like this

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        That's not what you said before. You said "light hitter." Holyfields power was always respectable. Nobody just walked through his punches and all of his opponents respected his punching power including Tyson who said Holyfield hit hard.
        Maybe I should of said "lighter hitters" then. All I know is that the announcers of the period would regularly bemoan his lack of a punch.

Comment

Joe Louis was outweighed by Carnera by 50 pounds when he KO'd him in six rounds. Gave up 4 inches in height too. Watch old footage of Carnera, his style is very similar to Wlad. About the same size overall too.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
            when's the last time Holyfield left a HW like this

I already answered you. Watch the Douglas fight.

Comment

Deontay Wilder actually weighed 209 lbs by the time, he entered the ring against Tyson Fury. He lost weight after the weigh in on Friday afternoon. Actually he lost 3 lbs in a little more than a 24 hour span. The man is such a great athlete and for him to hit that hard against much heavier opponents and for him to be so light, is nothing short of a miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by jglvz256 View Post
                I already answered you. Watch the Douglas fight.
                Douglas was completely sober. fatass just didn't wanna get up.

he was in the same condition as the 2nd Stiverne fight. And Wilder still did it better.

He puts people to sleep. the power is not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                  Douglas was completely sober. fatass just didn't wanna get up.

he was in the same condition as the 2nd Stiverne fight. And Wilder still did it better.

He puts people to sleep. the power is not the same.
                  Also left Adilson Rodrigues out with one punch. Watch that one as well. It'll be nice for you to witness some good fighters.

Comment

what wilder fan said he is a better fighter than holyfield?

Comment

fighting a bigger man in boxing is always a risk no matter who it is, its as if you all dont want to give wilder credit for anything. of course other fighters have done it nobody ever said that its never been done. just a positive to take into consideration.

Comment

Working...
                      X