No announcement yet.

Usyk can do damage to heavyweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    You act like these cruisers are featherfisted. They are coming in around 15 stone on fight night, and will be even more when they move up to heavyweight. I dont care how big you are if you are getting hit by clean shots from a world class fighter of that weight then you are in trouble.look at bakole v hunter for example. If any of the top heavyweights (who have all been wobbled in the past) get clipped on the chin consistently by usyk they could get stopped. He did more damage to bellew than haye who was knocking out heavyweights
    I have a question for you. Do you believe that Oleksandr Usyk was really giving Tony Bellew his best or was he simply just holding back a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      I have a question for you. Do you believe that Oleksandr Usyk was really giving Tony Bellew his best or was he simply just holding back a bit?
      he was giving his best but that involves feeling out an opponent early and riding out the storm. it was plain sailing for him after the first 4 rounds

Comment

he was giving his best but that involves feeling out an opponent early and riding out the storm. it was plain sailing for him after the first 4 rounds
        If what you are saying is true then that doesn't bode well for Usyk as he makes his foray into the Heavyweight division.

I say that because Bellew was well beyond his prime, not at full strength or at his physical peak and yet he still managed to win at least 3 or more of the first 6 rounds against Oleksandr Usyk.

Also, may I remind you that this was the same Tony Bellew who had to cut close to 40 pounds; Just to make the weight limit. Moreover, he performed that well against a pound 4 pound fighter, as an unhealthy, weight drained and washed up boxer.

Personally, I had originally believed that Usyk was carrying him out of respect and not trying to hurt him but now I hear that either Tony is better than what we had thought or that Usyk is sorely overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Abovetheclouds View Post
          People acting like the heavyweight division is elite.

It's not, and hasn't been for years.
          People acting like cw is elite. It's the weakest division in boxing.

Comment

Usyk can do damage to heavyweights that's obvious so I don't understand why a thread has to be made stating obvious.?
            A more apt thread is will Olympic heavyweight gold medallist become world champ? Tyrell biggs, audley Harrison didn't fulfil promise.

A cruiserweight is as likely as Olympic champ to become world heavyweight ch amp
            Last edited by hugh grant; 11-11-2018, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Usyk can do damage to heavyweights that's obvious so I don't understand why a thread has to be made stating obvious.?
              A more apt thread is will Olympic heavyweight gold medallist become world champ? Tyrell biggs, audley Harrison didn't fulfil promise.

A cruiserweight is as likely as Olympic champ to become world heavyweight ch amp
              i dont know, it doesnt seem too obvious from what ive been reading. quite a few people ruled out him even stopping bellew cause the narrative was he didnt have any power

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                If what you are saying is true then that doesn't bode well for Usyk as he makes his foray into the Heavyweight division.

I say that because Bellew was well beyond his prime, not at full strength or at his physical peak and yet he still managed to win at least 3 or more of the first 6 rounds against Oleksandr Usyk.

Also, may I remind you that this was the same Tony Bellew who had to cut close to 40 pounds; Just to make the weight limit. Moreover, he performed that well against a pound 4 pound fighter, as an unhealthy, weight drained and washed up boxer.

Personally, I had originally believed that Usyk was carrying him out of respect and not trying to hurt him but now I hear that either Tony is better than what we had thought or that Usyk is sorely overrated.
                it doesnt matter he ended the fight on the floor and concussed before we even got into the championship rounds.

Comment

i dont know, it doesnt seem too obvious from what ive been reading. quite a few people ruled out him even stopping bellew cause the narrative was he didnt have any power
                  Tyson fury hasn't got power but is still champ. Usyk probably hits as hard as ali

Comment

I'm sure he can but I just don't feel that interested in seeing it.

Povetkin was the most skilled & rounded fighter at HW for years but it never really panned out to anything because he would struggle so much with much larger opponents.

I think Usyk is very good but not good enough to overcome the fact that modern HW is just a bunch of 7 foot science experiments and he will have to try twice as hard to get the same results. I'd rather just seem him weight at cruiser. That division needs to grow into something more than a "feeder" for HW and he seems to have a brand growing around him.

Comment

Problem with posters like OP is they get to damn excited..Usyk is very talented but he will have to prove himself at heavyweight..This is no cakewalk...Stop trying to give a fighter credit before they prove it and get mad when others call you out on it..chill out and let the yeast rise to the top

Comment

Working...
                      X