No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nasukawa: I Don't Care About Rules, Weight For Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    they know the rules. you dont sign a fight without knowing the rules. they arent saying the rules because they want to hype the fight first and dont want to be embarrassed by talking about the rules so bubble boy floyd can never lose
    i dont know about that one. this japanese kid aint some top level fighter who is trying to protect his record. this is just like you or me getting picked by floyd to fight him. of course im going to say yes regardless of the rules.

its a chance to fight and a chance at beating floyd. now if the japanese kid is some top level fighter then i can see where you are coming from but this kid was unknown to his own hometown before getting the mayweather fight! lol. you think he cares about the rules?

Comment

I just hope Mayweather isn't planning a boxing only event in MMA gloves. That'd be a real shame.

Comment

Floyd cannot overlook this guy.

Comment

His Yakuza bosses probably already told him what the deal was.

The idea of "sponsors" is huge in Japan. That they're getting a partnership endorsement with Mayweather is big for the company.

I'm sure they told him just to do it and sweat about the other stuff later on. Most likely gonna be boxing, with kicks in limited capacity(If at all). And hell why not as a 20 year old with this opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
            He's said a few times he is OK with 100% boxing rules. Mayweather is playing coy too, saying, "We want to give the fans something they'e never seen before....Floyd Mayweather fighting outside the US."

They are teasing that he might do MMA or kick boxing. If, and that's a big if this fight happens it wil be 100% boxing rules, only they're obviously going to throw out the weight issue because this dude might not even be able to get to 130 lbs, so Floyd will have 20+ lbs on him, be 3-4" taller, and be the only one with boxing experience. Will also likely be a 10 round fight.

Fight will be a joke. But Floyd must need money.
            It has to more with Floyd getting in business with them. So he pretty much used himself to fight an exhibition match to get the promotion more recognition. This is the old Pride fighting presidents company, and they have always had big New Year's cards. This company always put on some type of circus fights, like Bob Sapp against a guy 100lbs smaller than him.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              they know the rules. you dont sign a fight without knowing the rules. they arent saying the rules because they want to hype the fight first and dont want to be embarrassed by talking about the rules so bubble boy floyd can never lose
              This is what I was thinking. It will be boxing only. Floyd wouldn't agree to a kick boxing match with this guy. It don't matter how small he is. That's too risky.
              That said: If this kid beats Floyd at 20 years of age or whatever, that would unseat Tyson-Douglas at the greatest upset of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                i dont know about that one. this japanese kid aint some top level fighter who is trying to protect his record. this is just like you or me getting picked by floyd to fight him. of course im going to say yes regardless of the rules.

its a chance to fight and a chance at beating floyd. now if the japanese kid is some top level fighter then i can see where you are coming from but this kid was unknown to his own hometown before getting the mayweather fight! lol. you think he cares about the rules?
                You must not know much, but he's pretty big in Japan. He's known and has been fighting for while there on their cards. This guy also KOd Amnat Ruenroeng who was the IBF champ at flyweight. Mr Honda from Teiken has been trying to sign him to a boxing contract.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                  You must not know much, but he's pretty big in Japan. He's known and has been fighting for while there on their cards. This guy also KOd Amnat Ruenroeng who was the IBF champ at flyweight. Mr Honda from Teiken has been trying to sign him to a boxing contract.
                  did you even read the article?? this japanese kid barely just started fighting. started fighting at 16, he's like what 20 now? he's only had 4 years of combat fighting in kickboxing.

"The baby-faced southpaw with a blond quiff, who is only a few months out of his teens, was barely known outside his home country before the shock announcement of his New Year's Eve fight with the unbeaten Mayweather."

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                    this kid is not one of japanese beloved fighters. stop it. maybe if he beat floyd then yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                      did you even read the article?? this japanese kid barely just started fighting. started fighting at 16, he's like what 20 now? he's only had 4 years of combat fighting in kickboxing.

"The baby-faced southpaw with a blond quiff, who is only a few months out of his teens, was barely known outside his home country before the shock announcement of his New Year's Eve fight with the unbeaten Mayweather."
                      I read it doesn't mean much when it's written by a writer who doesn't know much about him. Look him up and you'll know more about him than some clueless writer. He already KOd and ex IBF champ and they've been talking about him fighting the Monster Inoue in Tokyo.

Comment

Working...
                      X