No announcement yet.

Conor McGregor explains how he’s put fear in the boxing community

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    It creates a lot of power but its terrible for combination punching. The hardest Ive ever been hit in sparring was by a MMArtist but he never followed up after he rocked me, I dont think he even knew, its just not their thing and you cant learn that in a few months. Punch resistance is also way different. Ive stopped mid sparring against boxers that were really good because I kept getting hit and I knew it woulda ended bad for me. No shame in saying it, Ive never been anything special. Just saying theres a worlds difference.
    Actually, the fact that you are In there sparring makes you special. Their are many here that couldn't put on a boxing glove and learned boxing through a video game. I have sparred for many years and you win some and lose some. You should feel proud of the fact that you have the guts to get In the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      It is 154 Boxing Amateurs who would beat the **** out of McGregor in a Boxing Match. I'm a McGregor Fan but boxing and MMA is not the same and he will learn that August 26th the hard way but I respect his confidence!

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
        Actually, the fact that you are In there sparring makes you special. Their are many here that couldn't put on a boxing glove and learned boxing through a video game. I have sparred for many years and you win some and lose some. You should feel proud of the fact that you have the guts to get In the ring.
        Thanks bro! I just try to focus on kids and training moreso now, I see my own kids and kids at our gyms and I am so amazed at their guts and competitiveness. Im left in aww after every Friday night after sparring. Fighting of any kind test you mentally and physically with ever punch you throw and take. Hell missing or taking one on the glove takes a lil something out of you. Ive gained a lot of respect for MMArtists over the passed couple years but I dont respect them saying boxing isnt fighting or acting like they can just cross over with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I know you're loving this stuff right now Panda. I bet youve had a perma chub since the fight was announced. lol

Comment

Not likely. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would find it hilarious if McGregor knocks out Mayweather. And most believe he has virtually no chance of winning anyway. So nothing to fear.

Comment

I know you're loving this stuff right now Panda. I bet youve had a perma chub since the fight was announced. lol
              Honestly idk how more people aren't embracing the craziness of this whole thing. Thats just how I am doe. Too many cats here got grumpy old man syndrome & just see half empty glasses everywhere they look.

I ain't gonna hate very hard on something involving boxing very often outside of the infrastructure of boxing which is where my inner grumpy old man comes out at & I'll go into a 4 paragraph rant like a crazy person over.

Comment

This is what he wants and you people falling for it, he doesn't mean anything he says..he says sh** to upset you so you can order the fight to watch floyd whoop his ass...this is all scripted..it's big money for both of them...of course they're not gonna hug each other and show each other respect..this fight is rubbish..this is the only way they can make people waste their money

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Honestly idk how more people aren't embracing the craziness of this whole thing. Thats just how I am doe. Too many cats here got grumpy old man syndrome & just see half empty glasses everywhere they look.

I ain't gonna hate very hard on something involving boxing very often outside of the infrastructure of boxing which is where my inner grumpy old man comes out at & I'll go into a 4 paragraph rant like a crazy person over.
                  Im starting to fall for it. I was going to stream it but now I am willing to go over some1s house and watch it. The more I watch I may even throw in...

Comment

Thanks bro! I just try to focus on kids and training moreso now, I see my own kids and kids at our gyms and I am so amazed at their guts and competitiveness. Im left in aww after every Friday night after sparring. Fighting of any kind test you mentally and physically with ever punch you throw and take. Hell missing or taking one on the glove takes a lil something out of you. Ive gained a lot of respect for MMArtists over the passed couple years but I dont respect them saying boxing isnt fighting or acting like they can just cross over with ease.
                    You are welcome bud. I think what you are doing In the gym participating with kids and spending quality time with your own kids Is very honorable and something that they will remember forever. It also doesn't hurt that they are able to get their aggression's out.

I have never been real Interested In the sport of MMA and I think Mcgregor Is In for the shock of his life, this Isn't Jose Aldo or Nick Diaz that Is going to be standing across from him. If he has even a remote chance It will be In the first 3-4 rounds. I also think there Is a good chance that he retires on his stool somewhere between the 5th and 7th round from exhaustion and frustration. That's If his corner doesn't stop It first.

Comment

I hope its a BRUTAL stoppage or to be honest itd be better if Floyd made him quit. Some MMA fans say hes a quitter so itd be funny to see him quit in his stool or pull a Victor Ortiz.

Any boxing fan on NSB going for Conor should give up their account after this fight and join sherdog.
                      boxing is not as brutal as mma so i cant see conor quitting, especially not against floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X