Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis is the only fighter ever I would have as a favourite over Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand Steve Cunningham, a middling contender, had Tyson down and likely out if Fury had not trapped him on the ropes with his elbow. frekin cheat fury.

If Cunningham can KO him, hundreds f others can.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Wang View Post
      Steve Cunningham dropped Fury and had him on Queer Street.

80s Mike Tyson would have destroyed Tyson Fury.

Vitali would have beaten Fury as well. Vitali would have stopped Wilder if they had fought.
      - -Mr Wong 1 min noodles on boil again.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
        I understand Steve Cunningham, a middling contender, had Tyson down and likely out if Fury had not trapped him on the ropes with his elbow. frekin cheat fury.

- -U wet dreamin' USS again?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Wang View Post
          Well said. Fury hasn’t even beat Joshua lol.
          People easily forget. Fury really stunk it up in the Vlad fight. A fight that neither fighter really deserved the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
            Lennox Lewis is the only fighter ever I would have as a favourite over Tyson Fury

Muhammed Ali and Mike Tyson would be even money. Maybe Vitali as well.

Come at me.

Tyson's size, reach, weight, versatility, will to win, durability, chin and ability to adapt make him a MASSIVE problem for any boxer throughout history. He could dance and jab to a draw at worst against all the better boxers and maul all the smaller guys.

Only Lennox has the complete package with elite ATG jab and power as well as huge strength to be considered a favourite over Fury.

Thoughts?
            ... Yes, sure... no doubt...

... And I guess that Pythagoras (the ancient Greek Olympic champ) would have been favorite as well, right?

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post

Tyson popped right back up. Looks pretty brutal when it’s a 6’9 giant dropping but I assure you the knockdown was of the flash variety.
              And besides... Henry Cooper dropped and nearly KO’d Ali with a similar rogue wave sort of shot. We don’t hold that against him, do we? Sometimes the stars align for these journeymen and they nearly take out a legend.

Comment

Fury is an emotion based fighter

Over a full career I fully expect him to catch at least on "L" he shouldn't because he's just not up for it on a certain day, it almost happened v Wallin.

On his best day, Lewis, maybe Vitali and maybe Holmes I'd favour.

Comment

Let’s not get carried away I’ma fury fan but he has a good win over a past prime Wlad a decent win over an honestly unproven wilder and a ok win against a resurgent chisora this is his résumé he’s very good but let’s calm down a bit

Comment

I think Fury vs Vitali would have been a very very interesting fight. Two slippery giants, Vitali actually the more slippery of the two.

Foreman would also be an interesting matchup.

I do have Fury trouncing most of the mythologized '70s guys, but it was really more like a cruiser division back then.

Comment

Wonder how people will change if? Joshua was to go straight through Tyson Fury as if was made out of paper mache.

'People change quickly in boxing'.

Comment

Working...
                      X