No announcement yet.

Mayweather gets a pass

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
    he did say he trained just not a lot that's why everyone give him a pass because he barley trained for a fake fight
    ohh ok so he did train but just not a lot lol... the fake fight goes on his record doe right?

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR RUIZ!.. View Post
      How is it a disgrace to the fan? Maybe the MMA fans lol but not the boxing fans, Boxing fans knew Mayweather can beat CONOR 10 out of 10 times in any condition and thats what mayweather did and gave a entertaining fight at that.

Mayweather saying he didnt train for conor is a slap in Conor and MMA fans face, he is basically saying that your best guy couldnt even compete with him at his worse not even trained.

I get what your saying and yes , you are right to a certain degree
      Would you feel the same way had it been another fighter ?
      To me , it’s a fughin slap in the face to the fan
      Look at how much chit Kovi got when he said that he didn’t or couldn’t train the way he wanted to for Canelo
      Ffs we had threads that wanted him dead , just came in for the coin and to the point of mentioning conspiracies
      Would you feel cheated as a fan if you paid good coin to see that fight ?

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
        ohh ok so he did train but just not a lot lol... the fake fight goes on his record doe right?
        yes the fake fight went on to pad his record
        just like any prospect pad their record to start out Floyd just did it at the end

Comment

Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
          he did say he trained just not a lot that's why everyone give him a pass because he barley trained for a fake fight
          Is it in the books ?
          Well , is it a fake fight ?
          So your saying Floyd’s a fake or what

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
            Because that’s what their supposed to be
            A professional fighter , coming in shape for a fight
            Do you go to work everyday or whenever you feel up to it
            My point is , had it been another fighter who came out saying he didn’t take it seriously , people on this and other sites would want him dead
            I know it was a Bullchit fight , he carried him until Floyd won his wager but at least keep it on the hush , save face
            I understand what you're getting at in terms of fighters giving their best effort. Floyd may not have taken the fight seriously, however he obviously took it seriously enough to perform and win so that's what everyone remembers. Now if he had struggled uncharacteristically then that would be different but ultimately he didn't run out of gas or anything so he had to be in some kind of shape (if not his absolute best shape).

Comment

I read the article
              He's fughing over his fans and he don’t give a fugh
              Has nothing to do with hate
              Had it been another boxer , I would stand by my statement
              I know he doesn't need to train to beat Conor but at least keep it on the hush instead of throwing in my face that he wouldn’t be in the gym for weeks or that he was tapping the bag and chit
              Maybe we’re raised differently , to me that is disrespectful as a fan when I got to bust my fughin azz to pay for tickets to find out he only trained 20%
              Sorry for my rant but just thought your answer wasn’t bias
              Just calling a spade a spade whether it’s May or whoever
              I get your point. I'm just saying in the article he admits to doing some training, which I think his physique going into the fight shows. DO I think he prepared for it like he did his other bouts, no.
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-13-2020, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Is it in the books ?
                Well , is it a fake fight ?
                So your saying Floyd’s a fake or what
                yes the fake fight went on to pad his record
                just like any prospect pad their record to start out Floyd just did it at the end

Comment

Originally posted by emceetns View Post
                  I understand what you're getting at in terms of fighters giving their best effort. Floyd may not have taken the fight seriously, however he obviously took it seriously enough to perform and win so that's what everyone remembers. Now if he had struggled uncharacteristically then that would be different but ultimately he didn't run out of gas or anything so he had to be in some kind of shape (if not his absolute best shape).

All I know is if I’m paying to see some kind of sporting event , my understanding is those athletes have trained to be the best they can be
                  This is not the case
                  On top of it , he throws it into the faces of his fans and no one says a fughin word
                  Just trying to show the different standards for different fighters
                  It didn’t go off to well when Ruiz admitted to not training for his fight with AJ
                  Or Kovi with Canelo
                  And it has absolutely nothing to do with winning or losing is my point

Comment

To all boxing fans
                    Please explain why does Floyd get a pass ?
                    He just came out saying he did not train for his fight with Conor
                    Isn’t that a slap in the face to his fans ?
                    What about those fans who ponied up big bucks to go see a boxing match , two hard training individuals punching each other for victory ?
                    If Floyd doesn’t take the sport seriously how can we take him seriously ?
                    If it were any other boxer , who stated that they did not train for a competitive ( no pun intended ) fight , this board would be lit up , with fans wanting his fughin head
                    So why not Floyd’s head
                    It wasn’t ok when Andy Ruiz didn’t train , so why is it ok when Floyd doesn’t train ?
                    In an ideal world, every fighter would be in top condition for every fight but we all know it's not an ideal world.

You mentioned fans who ponied up big bucks to see a boxing match with two hard-training individuals punching each other for victory; Well that's exactly what happened since Floyd won by TKO. He obviously trained hard enough to win so that's ultimately what matters most.

Boxers train and are paid to perform on fight night and both guys did that. Floyd might not have trained as hard as he ever has but he obviously didn't need to if he still got the stoppage victory.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      I get your point. I'm juts saying in the article he admits to doing some training, which I think his physique going into the fight shows. DO I think he prepared for it like he did his other bouts, no.
                      Thank you
                      That’s all I’m saying , if it were to be another fighter he’d be guilty with no chance before even being proven guilty
                      I just think people have different standards for different fighters
                      This board would be on fire
                      Nothing to do with winning or losing

Comment

Working...
                      X