No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin's Promoter on The Canelo Rematch Clause

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
    I know one thing. I won't ever pay for another fight that takes place in Nevada. Enough is enough. As far as I'm concern they stole my money with the crooked decision. From now on I'll look for a stream or forget about it all together. I don't watch wrestling because it's not real and boxing is getting to be more like it every day. It's the only sport where you can lose and still win at the same time. Promoters picking judges, judges knowing what they have to do in order to keep working and the dumb fans who keep going back for more. Boxing needs a federal commission and promoters should not be involved in picking judges or any other issue like ring size, gloves or any feature that would give one fighter an advantage. Let the fighters win the fight not the promoters or corrupt state commissions like in Nevada. How many bogus decisions have to happen in Nevada before fans take notice. Wake up!
    Your right, Nelo should of won the decision!

Comment

Originally posted by Mirus View Post
      Rematch is not interesting. If Golovkin wins, judges may rob again. This situation is very bad for motivation of GGG.
      I do indeed get the feeling that there is muted call for a rematch, just not sure why. I think its a mix of things, but my own gut feel is that the second would be a rerun of the first, so nothing new, maybe move on - can just watch rerun of first if we want to see it again.

I get this feeling from some others too, where more interest being expressed in some other potential match-ups vs raring to go on the rematch.

Reminds me of Williams/Martinez I (which also had really bad scoring in Pierre Benoist scoring it 119-110 Williams), but after that a rematch was the only fight I wanted to see. Not sure why Golovkin/Canelo doesn't grab me the same way - and as mentioned, sensing similar from others. Odd.

Comment

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
        GGG should fight Cotto next...Saunders vs Canelo. Winners fight each other for unification.
        Cotto is done! He should wait for the rematch with Nelo in May.

Comment

Originally posted by rasdun View Post
          those were all close fight, not really bad decisions like Pacquiao vs Bradley
          Bradley won that 1st fight, Jim lamply & harold ledderman got you seeing a different fight.....

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
            Interesting to see what happens here... If they decide to got the Cotto route, and then fight Canelo, they're not going to be able to unify the division, which what their goal was or they claimed it was. Because Derevyachenko is an IBF mandatory and they're going force the mandatory fight likely next year. Then Charlo is a WBC mandatory, although I don't think that matters that much because the WBC doesn't enforce mandatory like IBF.

But they've got a tough choice here. Do they go for the money fight with Cotto and risk losing one of the belts, Or do they got after Saunders and unify in December?
            Jermall Charlo was the mandatory to the winner of this fight so what we SHOULD get is Jermall Charlo vs lil g especially being that the lil g fans THINK he won the fight.

Comment

Canelo wont take a rematch until May or September.

So, ideally GGG would fight in Dec as planned against BJS and pick up the last belt before a rematch.
              Is that a realistic turn-around though? December is not far away and Golovkin is what, 35/36 coming off the back of a tough fight.

Comment

Nelo was wearing those pillow ass Winning gloves instead of his usual Everlast gloves...anybody know why?!?

GGG should fight Lord Ward..can't hide behind Krusher anymore...can't use the Nelo excuse either...Nelo don't have to run it back but if he choose to I hope he don't wear pillows on his hands again

Special fighters can jump 2 weight classes up like Mosley, Roy, and BHop did..just to name a few...even Broner leapfrogged 2 weight classes...if GGG is as special as he's promoted to be then there should be absolutely no problems with him moving up to face the Lord...the Lord is baptizing ALL monsters...Tom need to call James Prince and make it happen

Comment

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
                  Canelo isn't going to fight Jacobs and he'll only fight in a state were his management has control. It's a shame because Canelo is a good fighter but his management team will only let him fight where they control the judging which of coarse they'll deny. They just claim "Vegas just loves Canelo" Ahemm, right!
                  Probably true. Golden Boy pretty skilled at manipulating the environment Canelo fights in. Team Golovkin has to stop being the nice guy and start making demands. Those judges in Vegas are clearly suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    Nah! Jacobs should get bily! lil g should wait till May for that rematch.
                    I don't know. I would think if Golovkin unifies first and then fights Canelo later the purse would get elevated at the prospect of the winner getting all the belts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                      Nelo was wearing those pillow ass Winning gloves instead of his usual Everlast gloves...anybody know why?!?

GGG should fight Lord Ward..can't hide behind Krusher anymore...can't use the Nelo excuse either...Nelo don't have to run it back but if he choose to I hope he don't wear pillows on his hands again

Special fighters can jump 2 weight classes up like Mosley, Roy, and BHop did..just to name a few...even Broner leapfrogged 2 weight classes...if GGG is as special as he's promoted to be then there should be absolutely no problems with him moving up to face the Lord...the Lord is baptizing ALL monsters...Tom need to call James Prince and make it happen
                      It was Alvarez his choice to take the Winning gloves not good gloves to fight in most Fighters I know use winning for training) after a weigh-in the fighters go to a Rules meeting and there, with his team, the fighter has a selection of one pair he will use for a fight and a second pair as an option they can be the same or different makes, but it's the fighter that makes the decision...

Comment

Working...
                      X