Game Recommendation Thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Recommendation Thread.

Waddup?

As the title states, I'm looking to start a recommendation thread. Have you recently discovered a title you really like, or is there a game you've been playing for years and want to share with the homies? This is the thread to do it in.

I'll start:

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

It's a fantasy RPG with a twist: it focused more on engaging, challenging and satisfying combat than it did the regular RPG tropes such as engaging story, long winded dialogue, etc.

You play as the Fateless one, the only person in the game world not a slave to a predetermined destiny. The evil Tuatha king Gadflow is threatening to take over the world, and after being raised from the dead, you serve as the only living creature capable of foiling his plans.

The combat in the game is deep, featuring seamless blending of magic and melee, allowing you to switch weapons mid combo to create your very own moves, awesome special moves for each weapon, and a little thing called Reckoning Mode, which allows you to slow time down and wreck mother****ers.

The game is mad long, and despite the world and story not being all that engaging, there's no scaling like in The Elder Scrolls, so monsters that turned your poo chute into their personal plaything earlier in the game can be totally destroyed in one shot mid game. The world is open, colourful, and the Fae have Scottish accents!

Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings

Very underrated kind of short for an RPG but definitely has replay value the only negative is the story can be overwhelming for people jumping in for a 1st time it throws a lot of information at you from the start

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings

Very underrated kind of short for an RPG but definitely has replay value the only negative is the story can be overwhelming for people jumping in for a 1st time it throws a lot of information at you from the start

Great recommendation.

The Witcher 2 was ****ing great. Seldom was any choice or decision simple or black and white.

Also, ****.

Comment

I'm just Gunna list my all time faves

Goldeneye
        Zelda a link to the past
        Final fantasy 7
        Fallout 3
        Street fighter
        Suikoden(Google it)
        Hitman contracts
        Marvel Vs capcom
        TMNT turtles in time