Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Andre Ward honor the contract and rematch Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    Some American Brother must have rolled his eyes at you...you've been terrified ever since.
    Sus as hell

Comment

He will honor the contract.. him stalling is purely a business move to get a higher purse.

I dont think some of the noobs understand this.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
        No he doesn't, the revenue generated does not justify the 5 mil he got let alone a pay rise in the rematch.

Ward needs to honour the rematch clause and whatever terms were stated in it. If he dips out of the rematch then that's a travesty and I'll lose a lot of respect for him.
        Yeah uhh..no.

Ward won the first fight - and it was very competitive - but Ward was the challenger.

Now that Ward is the champion he holds the terms. He wants more $$ and he should get it. Kovy has to surrender part of his pay for the CHANCE to avenge his loss.

That's like business 101.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
          He will honor the contract.. him stalling is purely a business move to get a higher purse.

I dont think some of the noobs understand this.
          It's easier for them to hate than think.

Comment

Y'all keep bringing up money but once again that's not the problem roc nation has never stated they won't pay ward what he wants, and how can it be a problem when negotiations haven't even taken place??? Ward strait out is retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
              Yeah uhh..no.

Ward won the first fight - and it was very competitive - but Ward was the challenger.

Now that Ward is the champion he holds the terms. He wants more $$ and he should get it. Kovy has to surrender part of his pay for the CHANCE to avenge his loss.

That's like business 101.
              Ward got 5 million the first time around and Kovalev got 2 million!!! Granted Roc Nation chose to pay him that but looking at those figures and the fact the fight did 160,000 buys..... does Ward deserve more money??? Does business 101 tell you he deserves more??

PLUS There is a rematch clause and I imagine the terms were already agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                Y'all keep bringing up money but once again that's not the problem roc nation has never stated they won't pay ward what he wants, and how can it be a problem when negotiations haven't even taken place??? Ward strait out is retiring.
                Ward is not retiring.

You'll wish he did when he beats your idol...again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Ward is not retiring.

You'll wish he did when he beats your idol...again.
                  I want to see him man up then start the negotiations if he's not retiring it's been over 2 months and all he's talked about is retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    I want to see him man up then start the negotiations if he's not retiring it's been over 2 months and all he's talked about is retiring.
                    ...and Kovalev is talking about fighting at cruiser.

Don't pick and choose who you want to listen to.

Comment

Rematch won't happen. I genuinely think Ward would rather retire with the 0, than get a multi-million dollar payday and risk a lose. He seems to believe he is a star and has name value - or that retiring officially undefeated will make him marketable in terms of branding post fight career. Either way, I think he drastically over estimates his prestige in the sport. He's been unremarkable since winning the Super 6, and in many ways, has been over shadowed in terms of popularity and significance by many of his opponents he's beaten.

Floyd made the 0 too sacred in the eyes of many modern boxers. Look at Froch, he lost, and he's easily more popular and respected in the sport than Ward. Hell Hopkins had a lot of loses on his way out, and he's beloved. The B-Hop brand, and his importance to the sport is far greater even in retirement than Ward's is as an active competitor.

Comment

Working...
                      X