Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone claiming ward vs kov was a robbery need to go to a workshop on scoring fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    Its clear he didn't watch the fight or score it lol

10-10 rounds can make a fight a draw with a kd

Hard to educate the butthurt lol
    As I keep saying, people decided that Kovalev was going to win after the KD and they never opened their minds to the idea that Ward could come back. Ward's body language was not that of a winner either.
    I thought Ward was gone but I kept fairly counting the rounds and at the end was in shock, he really did turn the fight around when you look at the actual content.

As far as the trolls here, they made up their mind before the fight. Did you see all the "robbery" threads over the last MONTH? Emotion overrides logic once again. Though I have no problem with those who see a close victory for Kovalev. There were enough swing rounds for that.

Comment

it was a toss up..both were in doubt bro...stop reaching for straws that arent there...the fight was a nailbiter
      It was a toss up if you don't count a KD. With the KD no way Ward won it.

Comment

Ward lost the fight. You have to take the fight to the champ. Photo finishers aren't acceptable.

Many challengers throughout history didn't get the nod as they didn't di quite enough. Why ius ward being shown favouritism?

Comment

Lol

You pulled a post from a totally unrelated thread

That thread was about are white fighters easier to promote

So America isn't and wasn't ran by white supremacist? Was there not a great white hope in every era? Gerry cooney, guys in the 1900s

Keep reaching bro

Kov lost fair n square

Many of you guys suffer from inferiority complex and hate seeing Latinos, Asians and blacks dominate a sport you guys didn't want us in in the first place lol

Deal with it
          Im pretty sure that post relates to you accusing of someone else pulling a race card..something you are well known for BTW.

Deal with what ,you worm? The smarter boxing fans and inside guys think Ward lost,including the referee who was black I know that's important to you,and a something you cant point out to use,heaven knows what you would say if a white Ref said that)...
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-21-2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

liek the idiots claiming ward made no adjustments..."kov got tired doe!!!" kmsl
            It was a combination of both really. Kovalev spent too much energy trying to muscle ward in the clinch. You could see as the fight wore on, ward was getting more work done in there and kovalev had a tougher time getting it to a stalemate so the ref would step in. No fault in ward for capitalizing on what he was given either...that's what he was supposed to do.

Comment

ROUND 3.

ROUND 4.

ROUND 5.

ROUND 6.

ROUND 7.

ROUND 8.
              Make sure to scroll down to the bottom.

My HL-GIFs from rounds 3-8 will finish in the official thread : I left in a lot of grazing punches that will not count as clean so that these Kovalev Stands will not think Im doctoring the footage...but if you know boxing you can pick up on them in Slow-motion baby! UHHHH! I like it like dat!

Comment

What a great fight. I'm still on the edge of my seat. What we just witnessed shouldn't drown in the sea of tears.

Comment

99% of people crying robbery on social media didn't score the fight, have never scored a fight, and if you asked them to score a fight on a 10-point must system, they wouldn't know what that is.

They view the fight as one big 36 minute round instead of 12 individual rounds that you then add up at the end to get a score.

Comment

Oh look we got a Badass over here claiming those who said it was a robbery doesn't know boxing! Damn RJJ is not a good boxing expert.

Alright smart boy, dispute the **** out of this, round by round, second by second, in the criteria of: Clean and effective punches, Ring generalship, momentum, AGRESSION, Defense, which all of Sergey did better than Ward. So disupute the **** of this then, don't say bull**** like "A lot of them were close rounds."

Round 1 - Kovalev and Ward was watching each other at the first minute of the round, Ward jabbing but not overreaching but landing some good jabs while Kov counters his own. Kov landed a stunning Jab and wobbles Ward, and proceeds to dominate the rest of the Round (10-9 KOV)
                    Round 2 - Kovalev out boxing Ward, Landing Jabs at will, and Ward overreached and got clipped with a right hand that stuns him and knocks him down, Kov tries to KO him but didn't (10-8 KOV)
                    Round 3 - Kovalev having a bad time early with Ward jabbing him and hitting him constantly. He then regains compusure and gets back to his jab and lands a right on his own. Left hook lands for Ward but Kovalev catches him with a Jab and clips him with a right hand that sends him to the ropes. Close Round but It was clear Kovalev (10-9 KOV)
                    Round 4 - Kovalev not overreaching, not allowing Ward to try and wait for counter, feinting constantly, then lands a Jab that snaps Ward's head back. Ward lands a jab but was ineffective. (10-9 KOV)
                    Round 5 - Ward being patient and counters Kovalev with a big left hook when he tried to Jab, and pushes Kovalev back. Kovalev tries to answer but Ward kept him at bay of the Jab and gets to clinch him and do the inside work and that was the story of the round. (10-9 WARD)
                    Round 6 - Kovalev regains his composure and stops ward from trying to get on the inside, using the jab to keep off him. He clips Ward with the jab only to stop him inside , and Ward clinches, but Kovalev landed a short right hand behind the ear and jabs Ward back. (10-9 Kovalev)
                    Round 7 - Kovalev seemingly gassing gets clipped with a left hook and gets pushed back, and ward proceeds to use the jab to keep him off his agression and does so effectively. Kovalev just following Ward and Ward capitilizes by Jabbing his head back and clipping him with a left hook. (10-9 WARD)
                    Round 8 - Kovalev seemingly dazed, Ward proceeds to use the left hook and the jab effectively, trying to avoid the big right hand. Kovalev kept on following him and Ward capitilizes by landing a big left hook, though Kovalev seemingly not affected was not able to answer as ward uses the jab to keep him off. (10-9 WARD)
                    Round 9 - Kovalev Still was not able to regain his composure and uses his jab to keep ward off, Ward did not use much jabs but was rushing in to the inside, and was able to use left hooks to the body and upstairs when they broke the clinch. Ward captilizes on the inside and wins the round. (10-9 WARD)
                    Round 10 - Kovalev now used the jab constantly and was catching ward every time he tries to get in the inside, and in his answer Ward tried to jab back but tt was kovalev who gets in the more effecient Jabs and a short right hand that landed behind his ear. (10-9 KOV)
                    Round 11 - Ward doing much better in the round, using his inside work in the clinch and landing left hooks to the body and upstairs on kovalev, Kovalev was not able to answer, as he missed most his punches. (10-9 WARD)
                    Round 12 - Kovalev being much more aggressive with the Jab and sometimes rushes in to ward and lands a left straight that snapped Wards head. Ward tries to jab back but eats a jab as he did, tohugh landing some. Right hand on the cheek ends the round. (10-9 KOV)

Consensus - 115-112 Kovalev win.

Come on, dispute this, I want to hear your boxing KNOWLEDGE.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      Im pretty sure that post relates to you accusing of someone else pulling a race card..something you are well known for BTW.

Deal with what ,you worm? The smarter boxing fans and inside guys think Ward lost,including the referee who was black I know that's important to you,and a something you cant point out to use,heaven knows what you would say if a white Ref said that)...
                      Stop living vicariously through fighters...inferiority complex lol

Comment

Working...
                      X