Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Being a boxing fan thesedays is like being a weatherman in Saudi Arabia.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, blame Floyd and Haymon for everything...

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
    Look, I don't care about GGG and whether he moves up or doesn't, my opinion on him is set until he changes that. I don't really care about your opinion on it either tbh.

What I was pointing out is the fact that out of all the stuff that guy wrote.......................... all you cared about were two lines involving GGG.

You just ignored EVERYTHING and ran straight to defending GGG.

It was funny.
    That's what being a member of the GGG defense force entails unfortunately.

Comment

You are looking in the wrong divisions:
      200+

Are unifying and fighting top five-10 opponents.

Comment

The problem I see in boxing is that too many people pulling at strings in the sport. You have Haymon, Arum, Golden Boy, WBA,WBC, HBO, Showtime and many others all trying to do what they think is best for them and not the sport.

This is how you end up with 17 divisions and a minimum of 4 champions per division.

Months of no boxing, and then suddenly you have boxing on Showtime/HBO on the same night.

You have guys who can't draw flies to **** making millions while guys who actually put butts in seats can't get big fights.

You have fights that can't be made because of promotional issues, or issues between their promoters.

It's a sad situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
          Look, I don't care about GGG and whether he moves up or doesn't, my opinion on him is set until he changes that.

What I was pointing out is the fact that out of all the stuff that guy wrote.......................... all you cared about were two lines involving GGG.

You just ignored EVERYTHING and ran straight to defending GGG.
          It was funny.
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Triple G is has pretty much fought everyone at 160 with the exception of two wannabes: Canelo and Cotto are running scared but both have the audacity to fight for titles at that weight class.

That said, and I am going to use Hopkins as an example: Hopkins cleared 160 but if you ask any one with knowledge of boxing to name a Hall of fame boxer that Hopkins fought prior to Tito and Oscar (who were both small fighters) you will get ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, ZERO! There are none and he holds the record for most successful defenses. Hopkins then cherrypicked his way to 175 and is considered an all time great.

GGG can easily break that record fighting the top ranked contenders at 160 and I do hope he gets to fight Canelo so he can vaporize him. Only idiots will find ways to disregard his accomplishments at that weight class. It would be his choice if he wanted to move to 168 but I see him owning that weight if he does move up.

Comment

Yep. Boxing is currently as dry as the Saudi Arabian desert.

Any lightly article we can peruse why this is happening?

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
              Saudi Arabian weatherman. Sounds like a Leo Santa Cruz opponent
              More like Crawford's

Comment

Big things are happening. PBC taking over.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Big things are happening. PBC taking over.
                  This is true.

The world, not just fight fans and sports fans, is breathless with anticipation for the Broner-Theophane card. I heard the NBA is going to cancel all the games they had planned that night, and AMC is going to shut their theaters, because there is no point in trying to compete that day. It's going to be like the super bowl, but twice as many people are going to watch.

And both the Dirrell brothers on the same card? It's going to make Mayweather-Pac Man look like a FS1 card.

PBC owns America!

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                    More like Crawford's
                    Come on bro. Let me fire my shots in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                      Come on bro. Let me fire my shots in peace.
                      You mad because it true. jk man

Comment

Working...
                      X