Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the most powerful punch in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is not going to be the same punch for every boxer. I think on average the hardest punch is a straight right for a right hander or a straight left for a left hander. Hearns was a good example of a powerful straight right and Pacquiao has a great straight left but his left hook that almost killed Hatton is just as hard. A left hook from the right handed stance can be as hard as any punch. Cotto and the king of left hookers, Trinidad had murderous left hooks from the right handed stance and Oscar did also. They were all converted south paws.

Comment

Ill say the uppercut that you miss and hit yourself cause you never seen it coming.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
        but i think OP is asking in terms of physical power, not affective power... so actual power output lol. id go with overhand right.
        bingo

thanks bro

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          It is not going to be the same punch for every boxer. I think on average the hardest punch is a straight right for a right hander or a straight left for a left hander. Hearns was a good example of a powerful straight right and Pacquiao has a great straight left but his left hook that almost killed Hatton is just as hard. A left hook from the right handed stance can be as hard as any punch. Cotto and the king of left hookers, Trinidad had murderous left hooks from the right handed stance and Oscar did also. They were all converted south paws.
          great answer and example, that [rear] left hook with a slip almost killed hatton, but did pacmans straight left devastate anyone in the same way, the answer is no, isn't that evidence that suggests the rear hook is more powerful, esp since the straight left is such a often used and important punch for a southpaw and manny

Freddie says it hits with equal power to the straight left but I think he said that to sound correct, ie many experts tout the straight as the most powerful shot if its thrown properly which manny obviously does, I think he knows it hit harder but wants to keep with the groups way of thinking
          Last edited by BillyNoMates; 10-31-2015, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
            The punch you don't see. The one that comes over or under your defense.
            Hence boxers wanting different color gloves, one reason.
            you guys don't have the brain power to become trolls, try something a little more your level, like finger painting, lol stupid ******s
            Last edited by BillyNoMates; 10-30-2015, 11:59 PM.

Comment

you guys don't have the brain power to become trolls, try something a little more your level, like finger painting, lol stupid ******/s

Comment

Originally posted by BillyNoMates View Post
                you guys don't have the brain power to become trolls, try something a little more your level, like finger painting, lol stupid ******/s
                Thanks Lil willy billy!

Your expertise and tremendous insight are just amazing. You certainly never had them itty bitty baby hands wrapped.

The hardest shots you throw are on your play station.

Best Regards,
                Zaroku

Comment

Thanks Lil willy billy!

Your expertise and tremendous insight are just amazing. You certainly never had them itty bitty baby hands wrapped.

The hardest shots you throw are on your play station.

Best Regards,
                  Zaroku
                  haha the troll is now mad himself, you crack me up boy

Comment

Focus on the physics of your punches. Pop sound & thudding sounds.

Bags don't hit back so... Unload and get the physics. Speed without leverage sets up power.

My uncle, a boxing trainer focuses on spatial distance & instantaneos power.

At the teiken gym in Tokyo, guys focus on mechanics, the physics of power!

Your most powerful shot that you throw against a bag .... Bags don't hit back.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyNoMates View Post
                      haha the troll is now mad himself, you crack me up boy
                      Billy. We are friends. You are learning a craft. Master it sonny.

Peace billy

Learn to dance, then learn to punch.

Comment

Working...
                      X