Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most arrogant athlete of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the most arrogant athlete of all time?

All successful athletes need a touch of arrogance, at the very least extreme confidence, to achieve their goals and beat the competition. However, sometimes the arrogance goes over the top (or doesn't, if you enjoy ****iness and such - and it can definitely be entertaining).

So, name some of the arrogant sporting stars we have seen, or are active now. Let's see if we can come to an agreement.

I'll kick off by saying Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The guy is probably the most arrogant footballer in the world, and the fans are split in the middle between love and hate. Personally, I find his actions entertaining and funny as hell most of the time.

A few gems from good old Ibra:

“It’s a big honour to have a statue in a great museum like the Grévin. I am very happy with it. The people can get really close to the statue and that was the objective,” Ibrahimovic told RMC. “The next step? I don’t know … Maybe replacing the Eiffel Tower with an Ibrahimovic statue …

Ali because it wasn't an act to sell tickets.

Comment

Terrell Owens

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco View Post
        Ya, he was a total dick. Floyd's up there. Michael Jordan.

Comment

Chad Ochocinco

Deion Sanders

Comment

Balotelli. What a dick.

Comment

Naseem Hamed and Muhammad Ali are about as arrogant as you can get. How about ****in Ochocinco making "excessive celebration" a part of Football vernacular in regards to regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                Naseem Hamed and Muhammad Ali are about as arrogant as you can get. How about ****in Ochocinco making "excessive celebration" a part of Football vernacular in regards to regulations.
                They instilled the rule to teach sportsmanship. It is so damn stupid. If Deion Sanders were commissioner, Unsportsmanlike Conduct would be the first rule he abolishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco View Post
                  It was specifically down to ticket selling. Ever heard his story about the time he saw Gorgeous George?

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                  Terrell Owens

The first person I thought of was TO too.

Comment

I vote Eric Cantona.

Comment

Working...
                    X