Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is Canelo's Style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say he is an aggressive boxer-puncher. I rate his boxing skills higher than some here. His specialty is fast, hard, accurate combinations and vicious body punches. He has a great killer instinct. If he hurts you he will try to finish you. I disagree with the slow feet, easy to hit, lack of stamina comments but everyone has a right to their own opinion including me. He can be a slow starter, using the first round or two to study his opponent. He is very calm under fire and a smart thinker in the ring.

Comment

Whats danny garcia style,Cause they have the similar style imo.

Comment

Canelo obviously is not a defensive wizard. He gets hit a lot. Many of them are devastating and would KO a lot of fighters. Does he buckle? No. And that's the point. He's young and can handle it. He gets the job done and produces a winning outcome. So it is not about the style. That could be irrelevant. Question would be the opponent's power. If you believe Mayweather has that kind of power then you're right about Canelo not being ready for Floyd.
        Last edited by Bullrider; 01-06-2013, 06:50 PM.

Comment

All considered I would agree with your friend, he is by no stretch a pure boxer, but he can fit into the "Boxer -Puncher " category, in my opinion.

His jab isn't that great, true, but he uses it often in combination with his right hand. More than pure boxing skills he relies on his hand speed, but I wouldn't consider him a brawler.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            Whats danny garcia style,Cause they have the similar style imo.
            what Garcia fights do you have in mind?

Comment

Gangnam style.

(sorry)

Comment

Boxer-puncher.

Comment

hes not a boxer puncher. not a good enough boxer to get that distinction, his defense in particular isnt good enough. a true boxer puncher doesnt depend on his power and can win fights as a pure boxer if he has to, i truly doubt alvarez can do that.

i would describe him as a pressure fighter with power who has good fundamentals.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    He's a bruiser. He's got some good skills (against weak opposition) but ultimately he wins through being bigger and stronger than his opponents.

Until he fights guys his own size, who are actually good, you can't really point to one style. At the moment he's a big bruiser who beats up little guys.
                    couldnt be said any better

Comment

Hard to say.

He's like a boxer-puncher but he's not a good boxer IMO

He's not a good counter-puncher IMO nor does he really have the qualities of what a "boxer-puncher" style fighter tends to have.

Comment

Working...
                      X