Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New: Raskat's "New Year's Eve-Boxing History Quiz" - Have fun !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New: Raskat's "New Year's Eve-Boxing History Quiz" - Have fun !

I made a NEW Boxing History Quiz for the people of the History Section.
    Another 32 Questions -The Rules are as always: Don't use boxrec or any other help. And don't read the answers of other people in this thread before doing the quiz yourself.
    Thank you.

[everybody who does the quiz fair and square will get 1 million points from me]
    Here are the 32 Questions:

1. Against which fighter did Max Schmeling win the Heavyweight Championship oft he World ?

2. Against whom did Vitali Klitschko win his first Heavyweight World Title ?

3. Who was the first guy to defeat David Haye in the pros ?

4. In which round did Muhammad Ali stop Chuck Wepner and Oscar Bonavena (it was the same round) ?

5. What was the nickname of Hall of Fame Boxer Bobby Chacon ?

6. Only one of those 4 fighters won an Olympic Gold medal- which one is it ? - a.) Roy Jones Jr. b.) Floyd Mayweather Jr. c.) Tyrell Biggs d.) Evander Holyfield

7. How many times did Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake La Motta fight each other ?

8. Gene Tunney has only one Loss on his pro record- against whom did he lose ?

9. Evander Holyfield won only 1 of his 3 fights with Riddick Bowe- which one did Holyfield win ? (the 1st, the 2nd or the 3rd ?)

10. Who was the first fighter to defeat Wladimir Klitschko in the pros ?

11. Which one of these 4 fighters is NOT a southpaw ? – a.) Lucian Bute b.) Joe Calzaghe c.) Fernando Vargas d.) Michael Moorer

12. Who was the first guy to stop Heavyweight Champion John Ruiz ?

13. How many times did Rocky Marciano defend the Heavyweight title after winning it against Jersey Joe Walcott ? a.) 6 times b.) 10 times
    c.) 14 times

14. How many successful title defenses did Joe Louis have ?

15. Was Cus D‘ Amato still alive when Mike Tyson won the Heavyweight Championship oft he World?

16. Who are the so called „Fabulous 4“ in one oft he best boxing eras of all time ?

17. Who did Marvin Hagler face when he fought for the middleweight title for the first time and who won the fight ?

18. Against which fighter did Roberto Duran win the (WBC) Middleweight Championship oft he world ?

19. Sergio „Maravilla“ Martinez has 2 losses on his record. Who are the 2 fighters he lost to ?

20. How many pro fights did Leon Spinks have when he stepped into the ring with Muhammad Ali for the first time ?

21. Against which fighter did Evander Holyfield win the Cruiserweight Championship oft he World ?

22. Who gave George Foreman his 2nd loss, after which he retired for 10 years ?

23. True or False: Wladimir Klitschko was knocked down 11 times in his pro career.

24. True or False: Vitali Klitschko was never knocked down in his pro career.

25. How many times did Naseem Hamed defend his (WBO) featherweight title before losing to Marco-Antonio Barrera ? - a.) 5 times b.) 10 times c.) 15 times

26. Which one of those fighters fought 3 times against Bernard Hopkins: a.) Jermain Taylor , b.) Robert Allen, c.) Segundo Mercado

27. Who has more Losses on his record – Glen „the Road Warrior“ Johnson or Emanuel „the Drunken Master“ Augustus ?

28. Arturo Gatti fought his last fight against ….?

29. Did Andrew Golota ever win a mayor Heavyweight World Title ?

30. Which fighter became famous for knocking Jack Dempsey out of the ring ?

31. In which fight did the infamous „long count“ happen ?

32. Who was the trainer of Joe Louis ?
    Last edited by raskat; 12-27-2012, 01:48 PM.

1. Against which fighter did Max Schmeling win the Heavyweight Championship oft he World ?

2. Against whom did Vitali Klitschko win his first Heavyweight World Title ? Herbie Hide

3. Who was the first guy to defeat David Haye in the pros ? Carl ''The cat'' Thompson

4. In which round did Muhammad Ali stop Chuck Wepner and Oscar Bonavena (it was the same round) ? 15th

6. Only one of those 4 fighters won an Olympic Gold medal- which one is it ? - a.) Roy Jones Jr. b.) Floyd Mayweather Jr. c.) Tyrell Biggs d.) Evander Holyfield Tyrell Biggs

7. How many times did Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake La Motta fight each other ? 6?

8. Gene Tunney has only one Loss on his pro record- against whom did he lose ? Harry Greb

9. Evander Holyfield won only 1 of his 3 fights with Riddick Bowe- which one did Holyfield win ? (the 1st, the 2nd or the 3rd ?) 1st

10. Who was the first fighter to defeat Wladimir Klitschko in the pros ? Chris Byrd

11. Which one of these 4 fighters is NOT a southpaw ? – a.) Lucian Bute b.) Joe Calzaghe c.) Fernando Vargas d.) Michael Moorer Fernando Vargas

12. Who was the first guy to stop Heavyweight Champion John Ruiz ? David Tua in around 30 seconds

13. How many times did Rocky Marciano defend the Heavyweight title after winning it against Jersey Joe Walcott ? a.) 6 times b.) 10 times c.) 14 times

14. How many successful title defenses did Joe Louis have ? 21

15. Was Cus D‘ Amato still alive when Mike Tyson won the Heavyweight Championship oft he World? No

16. Who are the so called „Fabulous 4“ in one oft he best boxing eras of all time ? Leonard, Duran, Hearns & Hagler

17. Who did Marvin Hagler face when he fought for the middleweight title for the first time and who won the fight ? Alan Minter?

18. Against which fighter did Roberto Duran win the (WBC) Middleweight Championship oft he world ?

19. Sergio „Maravilla“ Martinez has 2 losses on his record. Who are the 2 fighters he lost to ? Margarito & Cintron

20. How many pro fights did Leon Spinks have when he stepped into the ring with Muhammad Ali for the first time ? 9?

21. Against which fighter did Evander Holyfield win the Cruiserweight Championship oft he World ? Not coming to me

22. Who gave George Foreman his 2nd loss, after which he retired for 10 years ? Jimmy Young

23. True or False: Wladimir Klitschko was knocked down 11 times in his pro career. True

24. True or False: Vitali Klitschko was never knocked down in his pro career. True

25. How many times did Naseem Hamed defend his (WBO) featherweight title before losing to Marco-Antonio Barrera ? - a.) 5 times b.) 10 times c.) 15 times 10 I think

26. Which one of those fighters fought 3 times against Bernard Hopkins: a.) Jermain Taylor , b.) Robert Allen, c.) Segundo Mercado Robert Allen

27. Who has more Losses on his record – Glen „the Road Warrior“ Johnson or Emanuel „the Drunken Master“ Augustus ? Emanuel Augustus

29. Did Andrew Golota ever win a mayor Heavyweight World Title ? No

31. In which fight did the infamous „long count“ happen ? Tunney vs Dempsey

32. Who was the trainer of Joe Louis ?

Comment

Definitely need to improve on my boxing history.

Comment

Nice, dan_cov, you got nice answers, sometimes your answers were 100 % correct and sometimes they were "almost" 100 % correct.
        Here are all the correct answers:
        http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...03&postcount=5
        1 million points coming your way

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Definitely need to improve on my boxing history.
          you did well, you answered 17 questions correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
            I made a NEW Boxing History Quiz for the people of the History Section.
            Another 32 Questions -The Rules are as always: Don't use boxrec or any other help. And don't read the answers of other people in this thread before doing the quiz yourself.
            Thank you.

[everybody who does the quiz fair and square will get 1 million points from me]
            Here are the 32 Questions:

Jack Sharkey
            2. Against whom did Vitali Klitschko win his first Heavyweight World Title ? Herbie Hide

3. Who was the first guy to defeat David Haye in the pros ? Carl Thompson

4. In which round did Muhammad Ali stop Chuck Wepner and Oscar Bonavena (it was the same round) ?
            The 15th and final round

6. Only one of those 4 fighters won an Olympic Gold medal- which one is it ? - a.) Roy Jones Jr. b.) Floyd Mayweather Jr. c.) Tyrell Biggs d.) Evander Holyfield Tyrell Biggs

7. How many times did Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake La Motta fight each other ? 6

8. Gene Tunney has only one Loss on his pro record- against whom did he lose ? Ezzard Charles

9. Evander Holyfield won only 1 of his 3 fights with Riddick Bowe- which one did Holyfield win ? (the 1st, the 2nd or the 3rd ?) 2nd

10. Who was the first fighter to defeat Wladimir Klitschko in the pros ? Rossy Purrity
            11. Which one of these 4 fighters is NOT a southpaw ? – a.) Lucian Bute b.) Joe Calzaghe c.) Fernando Vargas d.) Michael Moorer
            Vargas
            12. Who was the first guy to stop Heavyweight Champion John Ruiz ? David Tua

13. How many times did Rocky Marciano defend the Heavyweight title after winning it against Jersey Joe Walcott ? a.) 6 times b.) 10 times
            c.) 14 times 6

14. How many successful title defenses did Joe Louis have ? 25

15. Was Cus D‘ Amato still alive when Mike Tyson won the Heavyweight Championship oft he World?
            no
            16. Who are the so called „Fabulous 4“ in one oft he best boxing eras of all time ? Duran SRL Hagler Hearns

17. Who did Marvin Hagler face when he fought for the middleweight title for the first time and who won the fight ? Alan Minter
            Barkley
            19. Sergio „Maravilla“ Martinez has 2 losses on his record. Who are the 2 fighters he lost to ?
            Margarito Williams
            20. How many pro fights did Leon Spinks have when he stepped into the ring with Muhammad Ali for the first time ?
            7?
            21. Against which fighter did Evander Holyfield win the Cruiserweight Championship oft he World ?
            Qawi
            22. Who gave George Foreman his 2nd loss, after which he retired for 10 years ?Jimmy Young

23. True or False: Wladimir Klitschko was knocked down 11 times in his pro career.
            False
            24. True or False: Vitali Klitschko was never knocked down in his pro career.
            True
            25. How many times did Naseem Hamed defend his (WBO) featherweight title before losing to Marco-Antonio Barrera ? - a.) 5 times b.) 10 times c.) 15 times
            Im gonna say 10 but it may be 5.....10 is my answer!
            26. Which one of those fighters fought 3 times against Bernard Hopkins: a.) Jermain Taylor , b.) Robert Allen, c.) Segundo Mercado
            Allen
            27. Who has more Losses on his record – Glen „the Road Warrior“ Johnson or Emanuel „the Drunken Master“ Augustus ? Augustus

Gomez
            29. Did Andrew Golota ever win a mayor Heavyweight World Title ?
            No
            Firpo
            31. In which fight did the infamous „long count“ happen ?
            Dempsey vs Tunney
            32. Who was the trainer of Joe Louis ? Chappy Blackburn
            Let me know how i did aqgain bud, think i might have aced this one! I hope anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              Let me know how i did aqgain bud, think i might have aced this one! I hope anyway!
              nice, you only have 5 questions wrong/unanswered: questions number 5,8,17,23 and 25.

Comment

**** i forgot to do 5 and screwed up 8! Meh

Comment

**** i forgot to do 5 and screwed up 8! Meh
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...24&postcount=7
                  I sent you the million points

Isn't it crazy that Hamed had indeed 15 Title defences?

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
                    nice, you only have 5 questions wrong/unanswered: questions number 5,8,17,23 and 25.
                    Naz one was a guess but i read the Hagler question wrong! I should have nailed that! Wlad was a guess too i knew it was around that bjut thought yes was too obvious! Ah well.... Fun quiz again mate keep em coming!

Comment

Working...
                    X