• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
    first knockdown was a wide looping right hand

2nd knockout was a straight right to the chin

the timing was also different

the first knockdown pac was kind of stepping backward and got hit

then 2nd knockout pac jumped in to the straight right hand which doubled the force for the knockout
    I wasn't talking about the 3rd round KD, I was comparing the KO shot (a short overhand right) to the shot Marquez used to drop his sparring partner (a short straight right) the angle is different but the timing is the same.

Comment

thats some juice hes on jeeeeezzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
        Well,Iwent to the trouble of watching it-something I don't ordinarily do. You are quite wrong. The punch which put the sparring partner down was a normal straight right, thrown at the opponent when straight in front of him, as were all the other rights. This is nothing like the punch which put Pacquiao down.

THAT punch was a desperate, wildly thrown punch, and I advise you to look at it again, especially the slo-mo. Marquez's head was down actually past Pacquiao's right-side waist, when the punch landed. He may have wanted it to connect, but he had no idea where it was really going. Pacquiao didn't see it coming and that was to be expected.

I distinctly recall a similar punch I threw many, many years ago. We were preparing for the Universities Chamionships, and a former member, who by now was a doctor, and around 40 years old used to come every year to spar and get us into shape. He had been a phenomenon in his day, won the Uiversities Junior, Senior, and Irish National Junior and Senior Championships in the same year. He was a welterweight then but sparring with us he was likely a middle. I was a featherweight with a heavy left hand punch not so much a right hand. He was all over me around the ring and in sheer desperation from very close in, I threw a right hand exactly like Marquez's. My head was down around his waist and I had no idea where it would land. Ivan said after the round to us all, that he thought his jaw was broken (it wasn't) but it had to have been the heaviest punch I ever threw.

That sort of punch is a lucky punch.
        Marquez had just slipped a Pac jab and Marquez had his head right around Pacs shoulder when he threw the punch. It was pretty much exactly like the one he landed on the sparring partner. Where you may have landed a great lucky punch Marquez punch was nothing like the one you described.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          Well,Iwent to the trouble of watching it-something I don't ordinarily do. You are quite wrong. The punch which put the sparring partner down was a normal straight right, thrown at the opponent when straight in front of him, as were all the other rights. This is nothing like the punch which put Pacquiao down.

THAT punch was a desperate, wildly thrown punch, and I advise you to look at it again, especially the slo-mo. Marquez's head was down actually past Pacquiao's right-side waist, when the punch landed. He may have wanted it to connect, but he had no idea where it was really going. Pacquiao didn't see it coming and that was to be expected.

I distinctly recall a similar punch I threw many, many years ago. We were preparing for the Universities Chamionships, and a former member, who by now was a doctor, and around 40 years old used to come every year to spar and get us into shape. He had been a phenomenon in his day, won the Uiversities Junior, Senior, and Irish National Junior and Senior Championships in the same year. He was a welterweight then but sparring with us he was likely a middle. I was a featherweight with a heavy left hand punch not so much a right hand. He was all over me around the ring and in sheer desperation from very close in, I threw a right hand exactly like Marquez's. My head was down around his waist and I had no idea where it would land. Ivan said after the round to us all, that he thought his jaw was broken (it wasn't) but it had to have been the heaviest punch I ever threw.

That sort of punch is a lucky punch.
          So now you're gonna compare yourself, some nobody amatuer, to Juan Manuel freakin Marquez? Lmao. There was nothing lucky about that boxing, only people saying it are those who don't understand boxing or just want to hate.
          Last edited by _original_; 12-13-2012, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar_angels091 View Post
            some ppl suck at sarcasm haha
            This ^^^

character length restriction

Comment

Originally posted by jayblack View Post
              Marquez had just slipped a Pac jab and Marquez had his head right around Pacs shoulder when he threw the punch. It was pretty much exactly like the one he landed on the sparring partner. Where you may have landed a great lucky punch Marquez punch was nothing like the one you described.
              he describes the punch as wild but like roach described it, the punch was a 2inch punch not sure how much room for wildness he has in those 2inches. and I do box amateur as well I don't have a bias I like all fighters which i think i need to state on a site like this.

the fact is if you rewatch the fight JMM was'nt even looking to engage he was looking for body first and then go upstairs thats why he looked like he was getting dominated because he was waiting for an opportunity to unload.

man I dont know how to quote multiple people.......sorry jayblack i agree with u...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QktG_WDjwcU

Pretty simple, here is the 6th round, I counted 16 attempts with the same punch, unfortunately Manny walked into the last one

Comment

Working...
                X